EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-20-2012, 01:23 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Removing and reinstalling Java seems to have fixed the problem. FWIW, I installed only the 32-bit version of Java 7. That's what I got by letting Java decide which version to install and it seems to work. Not going to bother with the 64-bit version.
Unread 11-20-2012, 09:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default thank you!

Thank you very much. I removed all Java versions apparently I had 2 stray versions LOL and reinstalled Profit. Seems to working just fine now.

Again thank you!

Peachie
Freeport Server
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:14 AM
A Griffon

Probably a leftover from the bad old days when Java installed some updates in separate installations. But you did the right thing. One installation is trouble enough.
Unread 11-21-2012, 05:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Some Info on Experiment Window

Hiya

Just wanted to say thanks for continuing to support this interface.

I have attached two screens of my experiment windows. Screen #1 is the screen i get when i click on the experiment tab.

Screen 2 is what i get when i hit the experiment button from screen 1.

As you see on screen two there does not appear to be a way to actually start the experiment run. I don't see a start or experiment button.

I may be missing something but wanted to make you aware since you said you do not have a toon with experimentation.

Thanks again.

Foz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_exp_window_1.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	7977  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_exp_window_2.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	7978  

Last edited by foz : 11-21-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: typo
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by foz View Post
I may be missing something but wanted to make you aware since you said you do not have a toon with experimentation.
I'm aware of it. I got my armorer set up for experimentation, so I'll be working on it over the holiday weekend. The start button I think is just a matter of inserting the element and adding bits to the scripting to make the button visible at the right time. There's some other scripting fixes needed due to the structural changes in the XML as well.
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
The only thing you should notice is that the tradeskill window may not be compatible if you were using the small variant or had explicitly selected the default version. That can be fixed by switching to the old, larger version based on the default UI's window. If you had no variant selected for the tradeskill window, it should've switched to the larger version automatically.

And the distance meter won't show up in the target window until you enable distance in the options screen.
Can anyone tell me where I find this in the options screen please
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:34 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabatia View Post
Can anyone tell me where I find this in the options screen please
ESC Options UI SETTINGS NAME/COMBAT BUBBLES
Unread 11-23-2012, 04:58 AM
A Forest Scavenger

The mass production function also has problems. It doesn't like the 'returns' by way of "systematic conservation" from a previous crafting and can't seem to 'see' any other ingredients but the returns. An unsatisfactory workaround is to destroy the returns if you are using a depot box for your crafting.
Unread 11-23-2012, 04:59 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swelter View Post
The mass production function also has problems. It doesn't like the 'returns' by way of "systematic conservation" from a previous crafting and can't seem to 'see' any other ingredients but the returns. An unsatisfactory workaround is to destroy the returns if you are using a depot box for your crafting.
I'll take a look at that, but I don't think it's controlled by the UI.
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Hoping to Tradeskill

Quote:
Not switch to the default UI. Go into the ProfitUI Updater, the Settings | Variants menu item, select the Tradeskill Window from the pull-down and hit the Default button. That resets the tradeskill window variant and forces the updater to download the default file (not any variant). The message you're getting is typical of the case where an old file's still there. That sometimes happens when you've got a variant selected for a window, the updater fails to download the variant's zipfile and unpacks the variant file from the old outdated zipfile. Forcing it back to the default should force the updater to remove the variant and download the default file to replace it.

If that doesn't work, go to the UI/ProfitUI folder, delete the eq2ui_tradeskills.xml file and re-run the updater. That'll force a re-download of the tradeskill window file.
-
Thanks for all of your hard work on this UI! I've been using it for a long time now and would prefer to keep using it.

All of the solutions provided (and I've done them all) still crashes me at a crafting station. I'm probably missing something simple, but I'll keep watching for additional updates.
Unread 11-24-2012, 04:35 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyria_AB View Post
-
Thanks for all of your hard work on this UI! I've been using it for a long time now and would prefer to keep using it.

All of the solutions provided (and I've done them all) still crashes me at a crafting station. I'm probably missing something simple, but I'll keep watching for additional updates.
Which variant of the crafting window are you using? The default variant should work with some bugs related to experimentation, and the large variant is currently the default UI's window with the stop button moved a bit (I plan on restoring the old large variant once I've sorted out the scripting and gotten the default variant completely working). The small variant hasn't been updated to CoE yet and will cause a crash, so switch to one of the two working variants until I've had a chance to update it.
Unread 11-24-2012, 12:23 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I'll take a look at that, but I don't think it's controlled by the UI.
A guildmate who uses the default UI has this problem as well. Definitely not a Profit bug and more likely a bug in the crafting code.
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Which variant of the crafting window are you using? The default variant should work with some bugs related to experimentation, and the large variant is currently the default UI's window with the stop button moved a bit (I plan on restoring the old large variant once I've sorted out the scripting and gotten the default variant completely working). The small variant hasn't been updated to CoE yet and will cause a crash, so switch to one of the two working variants until I've had a chance to update it.
I went into settings, changed to the default variant. When that didn't work, I deleted the eq2ui tradeskills, then tried the default variant again. It's still not working for me.

I am patient enough to wait for an update.
Unread 11-30-2012, 12:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Still no Start button on Experimentation

K

I must be missing something...even with the latest autoupdate i still do not have a start button when i try to experiment on an item.

I reverted back to default by deleting eq2ui_tradeskills.xml and i am able to start and complete an experiment..however i would like to use the profitui tradeskill window not the default.

Can anyone please offer a suggestion?
Unread 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM
A Griffon

The only solution I have is to use the larger variant in Profit. That version's a slight variation on the default UI's window (I just moved the stop button and icon bank around a bit).
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Heya

Thanks for the fast response....that worked.

Just so i fully understand, is the solution you suggested going to be the permanent fix or are you still thinking about making more attempts to fix the profit ui default window for the tradeskills so it can handle the experimentation info properly?
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:35 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foz View Post
Just so i fully understand, is the solution you suggested going to be the permanent fix or are you still thinking about making more attempts to fix the profit ui default window for the tradeskills so it can handle the experimentation info properly?
I'm working on the default window yet. I don't intend the default-UI large variant to be a permanent thing, once I get the scripting on the default window sorted I intend to get the original Profit large variant and the small variant updated too. It's strictly a stopgap to get some sort of window working in Profit until I sort the scripting.