EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 11-27-2012, 02:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test
Default Errors as of Today.

Hello all,

I'm having 2 issues that I'm now sure where they came from. The errors were not there lastnight, all was going great. I have 2 screenies to show them.

1. An error that is showing up when I first get into game. Notice that it is refering to the "tooltip system".

2. The Broker ui has suddenly been unable to search items I have for sale. When I click an item and press search, the broker ui comes up with everything but the item I am searching for.

I've not edited or done anything to any of the UI pieces so I don't know what is going on.

Thanks in advance
Eshaac

Last edited by Eshaac : 11-27-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Unread 11-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I'm guessing they made some UI change that is conflicting with your UI. Check your Default UI folder for recently modified files and run a compare with your files (you can use the xmlDiff file included with UI builder) to see what's different that might be breaking it.
Unread 11-27-2012, 02:31 PM
A Griffon

Have already looked for new files in the default folder and the newest there is 11/20..

The tooltip error only happens when I hover my mouse over something that a tooltip would popup on.

Broker is boggling me mind. Have no idea what happen to that. It is the Profit UI and I've recopied it, and it still does not search correctly.

Is going crazy...
Eshaac
Unread 11-27-2012, 02:36 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow

According to people on test last night the broker itself is bugged, so don't be so fast to blame your UI
Unread 11-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

It looks like you're mixing UIs, like a Profit broker window in a Fetish base (at least the colors look like Fetish)? Maybe there's some profit dependencies that aren't working properly from mixing it, although unless you just started using it today it's odd that it'd bug out like that now.

On the tooltip, it's possible that they made the code change with CoE (there were some tooltip changes in regards to the green adorn level bars) but only flagged it required in the game code with the hotfix. I'd compare your eq2ui_examine.xml's and see if you're missing that (or even if you just didnt increment the version # in there, as that alone can cause the incompatibility pop-up.
Unread 11-27-2012, 02:53 PM
A Griffon

Yeah, I have mixed the UI's. Have been for years now. Mixed the fetish, Profit Broker and a few from Drumstix. A little editing and all was working awesome.

Have gotten the tooltip working and you were right, it was the examine.xml piece. I actually did not fix it, I just deleted mine and forced game to pick default one instead. So that is working great. I have just the broker to figureout. Don't know what could have messed up the search feature on it as it was all fine lastnight and part of this morning.. Ugh..

Eshaac
Unread 11-30-2012, 12:24 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

No. I am getting this exact same error and I just updated my profit. I am NOT using a mixed UI. I get this tool tip error regardless. Haven't even been to the broker yet since logging in. Got it yesterday. So woke up and updated everything. Showed a lot of updates were needed. Did that. Logged back in game. Still the same error.

Unread 11-30-2012, 12:58 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkasted1980 View Post
No. I am getting this exact same error and I just updated my profit. I am NOT using a mixed UI. I get this tool tip error regardless. Haven't even been to the broker yet since logging in. Got it yesterday. So woke up and updated everything. Showed a lot of updates were needed. Did that. Logged back in game. Still the same error.

If you're getting tooltip error messages your games examine file needs to be replaced with the one on the updater. If you're still getting the message you may have multiple copys of eq2 installed and profit is updating a version which you aren't loading. Right click your eq2 shortcut and check where its pointing then make sure the patcher is looking to the same directory. Also make sure the files aren't on ignore
Unread 12-02-2012, 04:28 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

It seems they made some changes to the tooltip engine, which is why you find nothing in the XML. The changes are probably hidden in a DLL.

I had the same issues with DrumsUI, all it took to fix it was replacing the eq2ui_examine.xml file by its default version.

It this does not work for you, run the game for a while, move your mouse over some stuff that is supposed to display a tooltip, then check ui.log in EQ2 main folder. That's where I found what my problem was.
Unread 12-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

They actually made the changes in the XML for the tooltip green adorn level bars when the expansion came out, they just never did the back-end game coding to make it active and required until the recent patch. You can see the tooltip changes in Dolby's compare for the examine window at the expansion launch here. One addition is for the ItemExamine page, the other one was in the Tooltip page.
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:10 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Copy the "eq2ui_examine.xml" file from the DEFAULT folder to your PROFITUI folder. Don't let the updater update it.
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:15 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewMan70 View Post
Copy the "eq2ui_examine.xml" file from the DEFAULT folder to your PROFITUI folder. Don't let the updater update it.
The last reply to this thread was on 12-02-12. The eq2_examine.xml file has correctly been updated for yesterdays patch and is on the patcher. Verified to be working.