EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 06-29-2008, 05:40 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default profitui chat tabs

I apologize if this has already been discussed but I could not find it...

I have created tabs in my chat box and have put different chats in each to keep track of stuff. I am having difficulty with my "chats". I have my level chats (ie level 70-79 chat) going to one tab, raid healer chat going to one tab etc.

The problem is that when I relog or crash I have to totally reset these chats to get them out of my main chat window which only has group and raid chat. Please tell me if there is a fix for this or if I am missing some option I should select.

Thanks
Almarian (Nanjena)
Unread 06-29-2008, 06:02 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

There seems to be no easy fix for this when using one chat. If you put custom chat channels in a seperate chat window that does not include the "Main" chat tab, this problem is usually avoided.

In some cases, you can setup your chat window how you like it, and save the settings to a file:

/save_uisettings myCustomFileName.ini

And then when you login, create a macro that has:

/load_uisettings myCustomFileName.ini

However, this doesn't always set the chat channels correctly 100% of the time.
I would definitely /bug it.
Unread 06-29-2008, 08:22 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

One issue is that by default the game client only allows a chat channel to be in one tab. When you log in, it goes in the first tab that's got it checked and disappears from any others. When you enable it in any tab, it disappears from any other tab it was checked in. The fix for this is to add a line to your eq2.ini file:

chat_allowduplicatechannels 1

That'll allow one channel to be in multiple tabs at the same time. Another thing I've found helps is to create an "A" tab (name doesn't matter, but "A" is short to make the tab as unobtrusive as possible and's a decent mnemonic for "All") as the first physical tab in your chat window. You subscribe to all channels you want in it as well as in the regular tabs you want those channels in, then just ignore the "A" tab. When I started doing that, it seemed to fix my problems with channels shifting between tabs and getting renumbered.
Unread 06-30-2008, 08:57 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unrest

Nice, another bookmarked thread.
________
EASY VAPE VAPORIZOR

Last edited by Jida : 04-04-2011 at 06:06 AM.