EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-17-2007, 05:59 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor
Default EQ2Map POI Finder Version 1.00 (and later)

My POI Finder mod is now officially complete and has been updated to version 1.00! If you've downloaded one of the earlier beta versions I suggest downloading again and paying attention to the installation notes on the download page. Now that the plugin_7 and scrollpage files are generated by my script, all EQ2Mapped zones should have a working POI Finder Page.

You can leave comments about my mod either here or on the download page. But in the long run the download page is the better spot to post since I'll probably check it more often. This thread is more for "advertising" purposes.

Last edited by TreeMos : 04-03-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Unread 03-30-2007, 09:34 AM
A Sea Turtle

I expect to soon be releasing a 1.10 version that will include several small improvements and fix the annoying double-M to use bug! Most of those changes are thanks to Gregorin of Runnyeye who donated his expertise and has been extremely helpful Among the other changes are middle mouse wheel scroll control, ESC to close, and the removal of the unused Help buton.
Unread 03-30-2007, 10:19 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Very nice. Thanks again for all the hard work and time that you are putting into this project. This is the greatest thing since the original.
Unread 04-03-2007, 02:53 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I love this mod. All it needs is a simple search function to be perfect.
Unread 04-03-2007, 11:13 AM
A Sea Turtle

Default Version 1.10 and future changes...

No search feature yet or anytime in the future I'm afraid, but I did just update to version 1.10. The notes of what changed can be seen on the mod download page.

Looking forward to 1.20 or beyond, these are the other things I'd like to have:

- As of 1.10 the launch button on the Map window opens the POI Finder but clicking it again does not close it. You have to use the POI Finder window's corner x-box or hit ESC, which also closes the map. I'd like to be able to both open and close using the button.

- I'd prefer that using ESC just close the POI Finder and not the Map window too. At first that was how 1.10 was susposed to work. But there was a bug where the POI Finder window would come up blank after hitting ESC and re-clicking the launch button. Having it close both windows fixes that issue but isn't exactly ideal.

- The biggest current issue is that when you change zones with the POI Finder showing, the POI links don't update to the new zone automatically. You have to close the map and re-open it to get the new zone's POI links. I'd like to fix this.

Note that I do not have any idea how to implement these things myself. I've tried to play around with the UIBuilder tool but the documentation is attrocious. I don't know how you other UI creators use it... So if anyone wants to contribute suggestions or examples of how to do these things, I'm all for it.

Last edited by TreeMos : 04-03-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Unread 05-22-2008, 05:30 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Splitpaw
Default POIFinder size

I have made some changes to POIFinder files and reduced the size of the files from 5,19MB to 4,08MB and would like to know if this is somthing we can use.
The change is on the POI buttons.
Its posible to change the colour of the text if its not good enough
Attached Files
File Type: zip POIFinderTest.zip (798.5 KB, 365 views)
Unread 05-23-2008, 09:21 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Splitpaw

No comment on this one ???