EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 01-15-2009, 10:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest
Default New Tradeskill Window - difficult to use keys

While I am indifferent on squeezing the two tradeskill windows onto one, if you start a recipe, it is "difficult" to use the shortcut keys (123, 456) to use for the reaction arts.

It will 90% of the time want to put them into the search box, sometimes even after clicking on the reaction arts.

Gonna revert back myself, even if this is "fixed" I never saw the benefit of the split tradeskill window myself, but that's just my opinion.

If this stays in, would be nice if you could toggle new/old so that I'm not having to manually rename a file every time I update.

Just wishful thinking though

agressiv
Unread 01-15-2009, 10:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Lol wut? The dual pane view was always in ProfitUI and was always optional. But you can revert back to whatever you like for all I care.
Unread 01-15-2009, 10:51 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

To close the dual pane there is a arrow at the top of the window. Click on it and poof you just have the recipe window and/or crafting window. It just happens to be that after you patched it defaulted to having the dual pane opened.
Unread 01-15-2009, 10:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

the arrow is only a temporary temporary though, use the window settings for a permanent one (as it should say on the tooltip I think).
Unread 01-15-2009, 01:48 PM
A Brown Bear

It's possible to revert to the single-pane tradeskill window, but it would be great if you could add two small improvements: First, please allow the use of number keys for tradeskill arts in the double-pane window (currently, they all appear in the search bar); and second, please allow the option to return icons and text to the usual size (currently, they're extremely tiny, and I have to squint a bit to read them).

Many thanks.
Unread 01-15-2009, 02:19 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spontz View Post
It's possible to revert to the single-pane tradeskill window, but it would be great if you could add two small improvements: First, please allow the use of number keys for tradeskill arts in the double-pane window (currently, they all appear in the search bar); and second, please allow the option to return icons and text to the usual size (currently, they're extremely tiny, and I have to squint a bit to read them).

Many thanks.
No problem, I'll just add the old big version as a variant.

PS: The number keys still work as always unless the search textbox has focus, same as in every other interface window. I'll think about adding some code as noob protection (sorry, only name for it I could think of ) there.

Last edited by gm9 : 01-15-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Unread 01-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Somehow the search box keeps taking focus. Tried using it and I love the layout but I craft using the keys only. I didn't use it long enough to figure out what was happening but it seemed that return instead of crafting another of the same type was selecting the search box. Extremely frustrating as even though the search box wasn't selected it kept being selected again somehow.

But yes I just switched back and it works great as ever.
Unread 01-15-2009, 03:47 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by altir View Post
it seemed that return instead of crafting another of the same type was selecting the search box.
I'll check it out.
Unread 01-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Spent some more time with it.

The search is selected by default always, so you have to click something then the keys work. However when it is finished, hitting return goes to the search box instead of repeating the recipe. You have to click to repeat and then click something to start again.

Not a big issue because it is easy enough to switch back to the old window.
Unread 01-16-2009, 06:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default noob protect

Another name instead of noob protect is set focus. And you might think that the keys work but they do not at first. You must use your mouse the first couple of times to set the focus then you can use the number keys. I'm no noob but would also like if you set focus to those keys when the begin button is clicked. Love your product.
Unread 01-17-2009, 11:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I can't seem to switch back to the old window. Keeps giving me the new one. I'd like the old one back, please.
Unread 01-17-2009, 11:04 PM
A Brown Bear

Intuitively, the focus should shift to the arts window once the Begin button is pressed. Focus does not shift to the arts window in the new crafting window until at least one art is pressed with the mouse. Not a huge issue perhaps but certainly non-intuitive and one more mouse button push in a steady grind of mouse button pushes dealing with crafting (not Profit's fault there ).

I like the expanded crafting window but the first time I saw it was after the last patch push and it took me all of, oh, 5 to 10 seconds to figure out what was happening. It's more of an irritant than noobishness and I was considering just deleting the craft window from the folder and just use the default. Now I'll see if I can actually get the old one back instead and hope you fix the focus at some point on the new one.

I love ProfitUI and use it exclusively.
Unread 01-18-2009, 10:52 AM
A Brown Bear

How does one switch back to the old version? I love the layout and the changes to the buttons (no more accidently stopping a recipe), but my vision is poor and the changes and included a decrease in font size that I can't read.
Unread 01-18-2009, 10:55 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcardgeek View Post
How does one switch back to the old version? I love the layout and the changes to the buttons (no more accidently stopping a recipe), but my vision is poor and the changes and included a decrease in font size that I can't read.
In the ProfitUI Updater, go to File|Variants. On the pull-down at the top there's now a Tradeskill Window selection. Select that and then pick the old tradeskill window variant. That should get you the old window back.
Unread 01-18-2009, 11:18 AM
A Brown Bear

Thanks as I noted, I love the new set up, but unless there was a way for me to tweak the font size, it's not do-able for me.
Unread 01-21-2009, 09:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Using the mouse on a spell does not always set the focus. For some reason you must do a spell on the RIGHT side before focus is set. Seems to me it would be easy to set the focus to the spell buttons after the begin button is pressed. I do love profit UI, just can't seem to get past this one. Been switching back to the single pane version unitl I see a fix.
Unread 01-22-2009, 04:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by twimic View Post
Seems to me it would be easy to ...
I love those comments.
Unread 01-22-2009, 10:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Small Buttons

Overall the new trade skill window looks great. But as far as function sitting for hours crafting Bigger buttons would be preferable and a larger tradeskill window as well 8 ). Thanks for the effort put into profit it is an awesome ui love it.
Unread 01-22-2009, 10:53 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorjee View Post
Overall the new trade skill window looks great. But as far as function sitting for hours crafting Bigger buttons would be preferable and a larger tradeskill window as well 8 ). Thanks for the effort put into profit it is an awesome ui love it.
The buttons are actually identical in size to those on the old version, they have only been rearranged. Also the old version is also still available as a variant.
Unread 01-24-2009, 02:44 PM
A Brown Bear

I have another issue with the new tradeskill window. Even in single-pane mode, it keeps resetting its position to the middle of the screen every time I log off or switch characters. Is there any way to get it to stay where I want it? It does this even when the window is locked.
Unread 01-24-2009, 03:24 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spontz View Post
I have another issue with the new tradeskill window. Even in single-pane mode, it keeps resetting its position to the middle of the screen every time I log off or switch characters. Is there any way to get it to stay where I want it? It does this even when the window is locked.
Possibly a corrupt uisettings.ini file.
Unread 01-27-2009, 08:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Not that it really matters, but I wanted to add my feedback.

The side-by-side tradeskill window is not what I want. With my bags open, all my chat windows and other important stuff, this new tradeskill window eats up entirely too much screen space. Moving everything to a usable position that still lets me see the crafting table (for the progress/durability changes) is an inconvenient issue. As with many others in this thread, I'll be moving back to the old variant.
Unread 01-27-2009, 09:28 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

These posts continue being too funny - the tradeskill window has always had the optional two pane mode (but apparently I was the only one to know). LOL !
Unread 01-27-2009, 10:55 PM
A Griffon

I knew about it, and it took me 10 seconds to reset the frame to get the single pane as the default. Guess i know how to read the FAQ
Unread 01-28-2009, 03:47 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsi View Post
I knew about it, and it took me 10 seconds to reset the frame to get the single pane as the default. Guess i know how to read the FAQ
<3

(or the update notes)