EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default How do I access the Music files?

I am finding it hard to believe that I cannot find even a trace of this answer anywhere on the web.

I have 8 2gb files in my assets directory that no doubt hold all of the game data, so can anyone PLEASE tell me how to access them?

I had all of the music to this game at one point but it is lost to me now, and I am DYING to get it back to listen to.

Please someone tell me it is possible to extract the music files?
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

If you're using the streaming client there are no individual files, only the large asset cache files. If you're using the full-download client, much of the music will be in MP3 files under the "music" folder in the game installation directory. The rest of the music is inside the .vpk files in the "paks" folder and needs a special tool to extract (and often aren't in a standard audio format but in a special format for use by the game to feed the sound hardware).
Unread 01-04-2013, 02:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Ok thanks for the reply, I have a question though....

I apparently have the streaming client, how would I go about getting the real client? I haven't been a subscriber for a loooong time so I am on F2P if that matters.

I didn't see an option for 2 clients, I logged in and it made me download 16gb of data with the streaming client.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Doh, you know what? I just did a search for full client and I found a page that directs me to it. Nevermind, thanks for the help!

Last edited by roncoallstar : 01-04-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Unread 01-04-2013, 03:44 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

https://launch.soe.com/eq2/

Go to that page and click on the Full button. That'll download the client installer. Run the installer and select your game installation folder and it'll put the necessary Launchpad files in place. Inside the game installation folder delete the "cache", "assetcache", "fixedassets" and "logincache-us" folders, then launch the game as usual. It'll take a while to download the full game, it's something like 12 gigabytes of game data.