EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 02-04-2005, 02:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Locating specific pics in mipmaps

K, so I understand how it works....slowly but surely, someone who doesnt know XML and has been staring at this stuff for an entire night is picking it up. Anyway, for example, i understand that the four numbers for SourceRect indicate the top-left and bottom-right corner pixels of the pic in the mipmap or dds thingy thats identified in SourceResource. I get that right? hope so.

Anyway, heres what im having a hard time figuring out. For the persona window which is under the MainHUD; under the Player Name ull see this fancy gold symbol underline thingy called the title_gold_deco2. Heres where im getting confused. How come the SourceResource isn't stated? I had to goto the Framestyles xml file and locate that name "title_gold_deco2" to see that it was in the windows_elements_specific dds file. But where is the info stating where the picture actually starts and stops for use in the ui? I see something called Location, but I'm not sure what that is for, I cant seem to make sense of that.

I'm not so much tweaking the ui for functionality, but more for looks right now. Ill be using Cinema4d to create different decorations and icons and such and photoshop and then jumbling them all together on a page and turning it into a dds file so that I can make my own spellbook graphics and such...remember Tking? The stuff he used to do. Anyway, any info is GREATLY appreciated. Been getting like 3 hours of sleep everyday before classes because Ive been really interested in learning all of this...*cries*

PS: What's a memory leak? Everytime I close UIBuilder, it says i have a memory leak or handle leak and such.

Last edited by Caboose : 02-04-2005 at 02:08 AM.
Unread 02-04-2005, 02:16 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

If something has a Style (in this case, RStyleDefault), then it will use the image info for that style.

Header uses the style of /FrameStyles.title_gold_deco2. Going to framestyles, we see that title_gold_deco2 is a Rectangle style. IT refers to several different pieces: title_gold_nw_deco2, title_gold_ne_deco2, and title_gold_top_deco2.

Each of THOSE pieces contain the image Source and SourceRect.

It's like a water molecule being coposed of Hydrogen and Oxygen, which themselves have Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons. Or something like that.
Unread 02-04-2005, 05:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

AAhhhhhh, ty so much, that helped a lot, but also brought up another question. If the header image is already put together like it is in the windows_elements_specific, why did they break it apart? Looking at the code, the Style doesnt select just like the gold parts, it just breaks the header into three different parts of a rectangle. Is there a reason that that's neccessary? If i was to design a new header, would i have to break it apart as well with a style, or could i be lazy and just use the image itself with a SourceRect.

That also leads into what a lot of this code means. Ill be searching for their meanings on my own, but if anyone would be willing to explain them to me, I would be grateful (stuff in bold is what i dont understand):

<RectangleStyle Center="/imagelist.win_blank_space" EastShrink="true" Name="title_gold_deco2" North="title_gold_top_deco2" NorthEast="title_gold_ne_deco2" NorthStretch="false" NorthWest="title_gold_nw_deco2" SouthShrink="true" TitleStretch="false" WestShrink="true" />

---"Center="/imagelist.win_blank_space"...this is another RectangleStyle, right? I found it looking the same way the gold_deco2 looked, except, the /imagelist.win_blank_space is made up of even more RectangleStyles instead of picking at dds files......?*scratches head*

Last edited by Caboose : 02-04-2005 at 05:53 AM.
Unread 02-04-2005, 05:50 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Resize the object from left to right. Notice how only the middle part resizes and the end parts remain the same? Splitting it into its components as a RectangleStyle is what allows that. If it were called as just a straight image, then you'd have to stretch the end caps to get a larger middle section.

The EastShrink stuff there controls how it handles the resize. (Too tired to go through it piece by piece at the moment.)
Unread 02-04-2005, 05:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

lol...no worries. that was all I needed to know. I can figure out how each thing works now that I know what theyre for. Thanks a bunch Deathbane!!!!