EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 06-29-2017, 02:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Request for standalone Darqui experience window

I'd love to see the experience bar that comes with Darqui as a standalone. Is that something that can be done?
Unread 06-29-2017, 06:02 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sure, install DarqUI without making it the default (choose No on the setup window), then copy the following two files into your current custom UI folder:

eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_windowmanager.xml

Then you can delete or abandon the DarqUI_v3 folder.

Unread 06-30-2017, 12:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Wow, you are amazing! Thank you for that!

What would I need to do to also get your tradeskill window? Same or more?

*edit - just tried using the .xml file and it worked just fine. Thank you for your work on these.

*edit#2 - I imported the logout window (which is an excellent piece of work, by the way) and it will not list my other characters. Will it work as a standalone or is that one that requires the rest of the UI?

Last edited by Katmandu26 : 06-30-2017 at 05:03 AM.
Unread 06-30-2017, 10:40 AM
A Griffon

If you mean eq2ui_loginscene.xml, you will have to manually add characters, servers and (optionally) passwords using Notepad. For the sake of privacy I don't manipulate this file, since account names and passwords are involved.

If you mean eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown.xml (the camp window) then you can add characters from in-game. Click the blue gem on the frame of the camp window to add up to 16 names/servers.
Unread 06-30-2017, 02:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Wow... you are all over this. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

One more question, then. I can't seem to save the settings for the experience bar and have them save. I use the custom setup window, move the experience bar to the length that I want it, uncheck the option to move it, and hit save. When I log back in, it's back on default. Is there a way around this?
Unread 06-30-2017, 04:28 PM
A Griffon

It's slightly confusing, but not too bad. Since you are experimenting around with other DarqUI files besides just the XP window, you may want to do this. DarqUI stores your in-game configurations in the \POI folder. If there is not a \POI folder in your custom UI it falls back to the one in the Default UI instead. (This is what yours has probably been doing.) Every time you open the utility, it looks for any DarqUI configuration files found in the Default UI folder (sub-optimal) and moves them to your custom UI (optimal), which your utility currently thinks is DarqUI_v3.

You can resolve this by telling the utility where your "real" custom UI folder is. Do this on the Files page of the utility. Click the first Browse button and choose your custom folder. The next time you reopen the utility it will create the POI folder in the correct place.

In the meantime you can manually rescue your most recent configuration files by copying them out of \UI\DarqUI_v3\POI into \UI\YourCustomUI\POI. Once you have done paragraph 2 and then done this, you can open the utility without clobbering anything.

PS: be careful about checking for updates with the utility after doing this. You could accidentally overwrite your non-DarqUI custom files.

Last edited by Darqwood : 06-30-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Unread 07-01-2017, 06:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I made the changes to the location of the POI folder and I'm getting some interesting behavior.

The stat changes that I make to the experience bar do save now. They happily greet me when I log back in.

The experience bar itself, however, still resets to default length. I've tried it with the slider on and with the slider disabled, and it resets regardless of the save in the custom window.
Unread 07-01-2017, 10:45 PM
A Griffon

Length of the XP progress bar can be saved between sessions in two different ways. 1) From the window manager, use the slidebar to change the length remotely, and save the setting.

2) Go into edit mode and change the length directly on the XP bar using the sizer control. When you mouse away from the sizer control you should see a small "Setting saved!" window. Click OK and the new length will be saved as your default.

Unread 07-02-2017, 01:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you.