EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 12-02-2014, 03:13 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Splitpaw
Question Stat Bar settings

Hi there and tnx a ton for the great job you've done.
I have a weird problem although I'm not sure if it is directly related to DrumsUI or not because I'm having similar problems in Raidhub too.
While switching between my toons or relogging to game, I loose my stat bar settings as well as my target casting bar and spell timer window. It's pretty annoying for me because whenever I log into game I have to redo all stats from scratch. Weird thing is I see my stat bar settings listed correctly in stat bar options window but not in the bar itself. And when I click on a stat in options window, all the stats in the bar (which shows previous toons' settings I believe) totally wipes out.

Dunno if this is DrumsUI related or not because I had a similar issue with Raidhub and couldn't fix it either. In both cases doing a proper reinstall didn't work.
I'm using Win7, Norton 360 (and excluded eq2 dir in case) but I still have no clue how to fix it. Any help/suggestions from anyone is more then welcome.
Tnx in advance.
Unread 12-02-2014, 08:53 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

When you log in to a character for the first time, are they displaying properly? (As in before you do your first switch)
Unread 12-02-2014, 09:50 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Sometimes when I first login to EQ2 (not toon switching) it displays the stat bar of a previous character and sometimes it shows everything right.
I kinda suspect that it depends on the toon I log out last time or llogin first time. But can make some tests if you wish.
Unread 12-05-2014, 06:13 AM
A Forest Scavenger

as an addition disabling N360 didn't work either. Should I delete all server_charname_settings.xml files?
Unread 12-05-2014, 09:04 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

You could try, but I would back them up. It's tough for me to diagnose since I can't seem to reproduce it.
Unread 02-12-2015, 02:42 AM
A Forest Scavenger

I know it's been a time to give some feedback but here is a bit more info that might light our way.

I a now sure that only one toon causes that problem. (I have 4 toons.) If I switch to or from this toon I loose my settings. If game crushes or I exit and log back into the game while playing this toon I loose settings. All other toons are fine even I switch between them.

So, as I've told before, I decided to delete the uisettings file for this toon but the game stopped working and kept crushing after that so I had to restore it. I tried to change the file by editing the contents of it and making it similar to another toon but the game refused to accept this file and asked me to provide an Uİ file instead. I can send you the settings file if you want but I doubt this will work cause I haven't seen anything weird inside that file.

Whatever, I don't know if you can help me but I just wanted to let you know.
Unread 02-19-2015, 09:37 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

The game should not crash because of a missing UI settings file. If it is, something deeper is wrong. I would suggest running the patcher if you have not since the last patch, or running a full file scan.
Unread 02-24-2015, 03:05 AM
A Forest Scavenger

I did and every time I run, it finds 2 font files. I deleted UI settings file again and game did not crash this time. It asked me for a UI file and I used ""/load_uisettings backup.dat" for that toon. Nothing changed; still losing settings for this same toon.
Does DrumsUI keep settings in a different file for my toons?
Unread 02-24-2015, 11:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Sorry for lack of response. I don't really have any good ideas on this one.

DrumsUI window layouts, and simple options like toggles (which includes the statbar) are all saved in the normal uisettings xml file. It's weird your patcher is having trouble with files. Maybe your game doesn't have proper read/write privileges to your folder. Dunno...

What language do you play the game in?
Do you play on more than 1 server?
Do you have the same character name on multiple servers?

Could you attach your settings file?

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-24-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Unread 02-25-2015, 12:57 PM
A Forest Scavenger

What language do you play the game in? English
Do you play on more than 1 server? Yes, 2 servers + BG if we do have to count it.
Do you have the same character name on multiple servers? No, all are unique

Here are my ui files for 2 toons:
The toon named with Barocan has the problem and Fullmonty has no problems.
Attached Files
File Type: xml Splitpaw_Barocan_eq2_uisettings.xml (62.0 KB, 723 views)
File Type: xml Splitpaw_Fullmonty_eq2_uisettings.xml (76.4 KB, 707 views)
Unread 02-25-2015, 01:32 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Do you know how to check if a file is set to Read Only? And if so could you check if any of your UI settings files are set to Read Only (specifically the one for the character with issues)

Right-click the file, hit Properties and see

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-25-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Unread 02-27-2015, 12:43 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Yes friend, I know. None of my uisettings files are read-only.
Unread 02-27-2015, 04:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Unless anyone has any ideas, I've got nothing here
Unread 03-06-2015, 07:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

friend found a possible reason behind this. If you have a character spec'd for experimentation, this happens. Easy way to check is to just change your tradeskill prestige to have experimentation in it (tested this with 5 points into experimentation), camp to an alt, then camp back to your character you were testing this on.

There could be more reasons, but this one def causes this bug.

hope it helps
Unread 03-07-2015, 04:02 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Woooow. I don't even know what to say, but I could totally believe it being something super random like that.
Unread 03-15-2015, 06:24 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasen View Post
friend found a possible reason behind this. If you have a character spec'd for experimentation, this happens. Easy way to check is to just change your tradeskill prestige to have experimentation in it (tested this with 5 points into experimentation), camp to an alt, then camp back to your character you were testing this on.

There could be more reasons, but this one def causes this bug.

hope it helps
bingo! this toon was the only toon of mine with experimentation skill. tyvm...
so all we need is a solution now
Unread 03-16-2015, 08:08 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Another user has found your solution to fix their issue on 3 characters.

Great find. I'm not sure if I can make a fix with this knowledge or not. Unfortunately I never tradeskill'd enough to have any characters with experimentation, so it would be difficult for me to test any fixes.
Unread 03-16-2015, 12:39 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Another user has found your solution to fix their issue on 3 characters.
Sorry if it's a dumb question but what is the solution? I'm probably missing something. You mean I have to specced out of experimenting forever? (Of course I'll do that if there is no other solution)
Unread 03-16-2015, 02:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozbatov View Post
Sorry if it's a dumb question but what is the solution? I'm probably missing something. You mean I have to specced out of experimenting forever? (Of course I'll do that if there is no other solution)
Right, by solution, I meant band aide fix. For now, I've no clue why something random like that would cause issues with the loading of settings.

The StatBar loads settings from the UISettings file directly. There's no special, complicated code. It simply compares a Window Setting of 0 or 1 essentially, and toggles each stat on or off. So an in-game ability causing that to fail is very, very strange

*Edit* which means it's most likely not reading the settings for anything else that uses the UISettings file: most custom checkboxes/toggles
Curious if other UIs are having similar problems?

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 03-16-2015 at 04:27 PM.