EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-10-2005, 03:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Dynamic waypoints

I suspect this probably won't be possible but I'll ask anyway. To begin, I LOVE EQ2MAP! Would it be possible to allow a click onto a map to either return the loc of the clicked spot, or, even better, create a waypoint trail to that spot?

Thanks.
Unread 03-10-2005, 03:23 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via AIM to Humudce

Quote:
Originally Posted by metavirus
I suspect this probably won't be possible but I'll ask anyway. To begin, I LOVE EQ2MAP! Would it be possible to allow a click onto a map to either return the loc of the clicked spot, or, even better, create a waypoint trail to that spot?

Thanks.
I haven't coded any of the EQ2MAP so I don't know for sure, but I would say something like that would be pretty unlikely to make it into any map mod. Part of the way the EQ2MAP works is people submit points on the map (POI's) for the Map, those POI's are stored in an XML file for that zone that the EQ2Map uses to display the Locations on your map. For the EQ2Map mod to try and figure out where your pointer is on the map, that would take allot more than what Sony has given us to work with in the UI's.

I know there is a feature in the Current EQ2MAP though, it isn't exactly what you have asked for, but in the Title Bar there is a box that you can type in the 3 number location into and the map will then show a way point to that location. For example you are on the Sony boards or another site, that is talking about a quest for example. Some one posted that you need to go to a certain location, and they posted the coordinates. You could type in these coordinates at the top of the Map Window title bar and have a waypoint provided for you.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-10-2005, 03:42 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I wish that were possible metavirus, but not only does the XML not have any way to get the location of your mouse cursor (as an X,Y coordinate) but since there's no way to split or concatenate strings we couldn't split the X and Y values apart to do calculations on them.

Quib
Unread 03-10-2005, 05:07 PM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Thanks for the reply

I figured as much. Many thanks.