EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-09-2005, 06:39 PM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default FetishMaps 3.3 Bugged - Showing wrong maps

I intalled FM 3.3 and it will sporadically show the wrong maps.
Unread 04-09-2005, 06:43 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore

I too am seeing this. Was gonna try running the EQ2MAP updater before I posted about it, but haven't done that yet today. Maybe it is a problem on their end and will be fixed soon.
Unread 04-09-2005, 07:20 PM
A Forest Scavenger

getting the same bug

hey btw that sig is cool lol, how u get auto updating sigs?
Unread 04-09-2005, 07:49 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen

gettin the same bug also
Unread 04-09-2005, 07:57 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Most of my guild uses the FetishClassic Interface with a few added Mods I coupled together with it. We're all getting the same error. I'll go into specific details on what it's doing to help Zonx, or whoever can work on this, narrow it down a little more easily.

During first-glance at the Map, it will show the correct Map with POIs, etc...

It's fine until you zone for the first time, in the new zone, on first-glance, it will show the correct Map with POIs, etc...

Once you close the Map and re-open it in that zone, you will see the previous zone's map, but the POIs are correct.

On each zoning, it will show the correct map once, then reopening the map will show you the mape of the last zone you were in. (i.e. Going from West Commonlands to East Commonlands, it will show West Commonlands)

You can, if using FetishXXX UI, simply use the drop-down menu to bring up the correct map (and the correct POIs should still be there). This is a temporary work-around.

As a side-note: Zonx, any way to have the drop-down menus perhaps be drop-up menus? So they stay inside the actual Map. Not sure if that's causing this, but I too noticed the Map wanting to slide up a few pixels upon each logon, as you mentioned in another post. I was thinking maybe the drop-down menus might be causing that, or perhaps the custom window frame? Because (when I wasn't using Fetish) I had this same problem with EQ2MAP and using the Mook window border, but without the add-on, it was fine for placement.

Added Note: Your previous Map, without the drop-down menus, wasn't sliding up on me.
Unread 04-09-2005, 08:32 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The map sliding up/left each time you login was due to my faulty XML, not Zonx's. I won't put words in Zonx's mouth, as you asked them if it's safe to run the EQ2MAP updater after an install, but I was using a FetishUI while fixing this bug, and I did run the auto-updater afterwards and it fixes the sliding up/left problem with no negative effects that I could see. Keep in mind I wasn't being very careful with the UI at the time and it may mess something up that I failed to notice, so you may want to wait for a reply from Zonx.

Quib
Unread 04-09-2005, 09:49 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I went ahead and tried it, after making a full backup of what I had already. And so far, it seems to have fixed the sliding up / left AND the maps changing when reopening in the same zone. Whoot!

** Edit **
I spoke too soon. Map isn't sliding up anymore, but the whole maps loading last zone bug is still there. Awe man, I thought I had it working too. Weird, it worked for like 4 or 5 zones, then poof, not working again.

Last edited by Binton : 04-09-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Unread 04-10-2005, 12:31 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Grrr... Ok I prety much know why this is happening and where to look to fix it, its just a major pain to test since.

Requires logging in, doing some stuff with the map, zoning and doing more stuff for every simple test. Like 15 min every time I try a different code tweak.

I try to isolate the prob and issue a patch. Should only affect 1 file inside the eq2map directory.
Unread 04-13-2005, 05:47 PM
A Griffon

Default Hotfix?

Sorry to be a blockhead Zonx but u posted there was a hotfix in another forum and I still can't find it. Thanks for the great mod.
Unread 04-13-2005, 07:59 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Its only 20pt type links in both complete set support threads and on the FetishMaps download page, plus a few places within the EQ2MAP forum... but here it is again.

FetishMap 3.3 Hotfix

Now incase anyone else thinks about posting here...

I AM NOT MONITORING THIS THREAD.

I've already got threads setup for support questions relating to all my mods. Each is linked from every one of my download pages. If you can find the mod to download it, you can find a link to the support thread. I try hard to address everyone's issues, but I simply can't monitor 50 different threads.