EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 01-18-2009, 01:20 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default LOC & path issues

Today's project is to try to sort out this frustrating map. For an example, I'm in Nek Forest, looking for owlbears. I type in owlbears in the search box and two hits come up. So far so good. I highlight one of the owlbear responses and hit find. Nothing. No flashing light, no X, nothing. I toggle icons off and hit find, hoping something will show up. I have the map scrolled all the way out so I can see the whole zone. Nothing. Toggle the icons back on. I open up the selection, which starts with an ID code and has coords. Select that and hit find, nothing. I press path, nothing no chime, no "go north" in the dialog box, nothing. I type in the coords, nothing. So all I am sure of is there are two locations for these critters somewhere on the map, and I will have to physically go through each and every monster symbol until I find them. What a way to run an airline.
Unread 01-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

First off, EQ2MAP has absolutely *nothing* to do with the way /waypoint works. Normally putting in a properly formatted waypoint will tell you a direction to go (i.e. it's to the North and above you) and only when you are close does it make a trail. Yes, it's buggy. No, it's not EQ2MAP's fault.

Next -- selected the POI should cause it to blink/glow on the map. In a heavily populated map it can be easy to miss. To see this in action, find a POI you can see on the map, look at it very closely and then select it (from the find menu). It should begin to blink/glow.

Oh, and another alternative is to find the POI on the eq2map website itself. When you look at the individual POI there, it will be the *only* POI displayed on the map.