EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 01-01-2008, 02:15 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Harvesting stats window (like Milquetowst Mini stats)

Hi all,

Is there a mod out there that would show your Harvesting stats in a small window, like Milquetowst's Mini Stats and Coin\Weight?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:50 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar

Hmmm, I was looking for something similar recently and was told it didn't seem to be a doable thing. Something about the numbers not being available generally, just in the context of the Persona window.

I'm still wondering if one could develop a "mini persona window" with just that info in it. This would be in addition to the main Persona window. A secondary item. Others didn't seem to see the need or desire for it.

Unread 01-02-2008, 09:40 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by deKoven View Post
I'm still wondering if one could develop a "mini persona window" with just that info in it. This would be in addition to the main Persona window.
Unfortunately, that wouldn't work. The info's only available in the Persona window, and you can't have two Persona windows. You could certainly create a second window with some of the same info, but only one would be regarded by the system as the "real" Persona window, and thus, only that one would display the harvesting skill (and other unique) info.

Quote:
Others didn't seem to see the need or desire for it.
I'm afraid I'm in that group. I harvest all the time with my various chars, and short of checking the skills page very occasionally to make sure I have the requisite harvesting skills for a new tier, I hardly ever even look at the info at all. Why *would* you need or want to have your harvesting skill levels displayed constantly?

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:34 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf View Post
Snip, snip.

I'm afraid I'm in that group. I harvest all the time with my various chars, and short of checking the skills page very occasionally to make sure I have the requisite harvesting skills for a new tier, I hardly ever even look at the info at all. Why *would* you need or want to have your harvesting skill levels displayed constantly?

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Ah, well, as a new toon (not a noob to the game) one needs to have skills at a certain level to move on to the next level. I generally do this after I've done all the stuff in the tier and am ready to move on. So there i am, harvesting my way through the area and want to know when and what I need to concentrate on to finish up so I can move on. What I do now is open the Persona window to the harvest stats page and then use the "Roll the window up" option to have it take very little space. Then I can just roll it down to look at the numbers and roll it back up again. But it would be frabjous to have a bar similar to the regular stats bar that would just show the numbers with abbreviated name. And by regular stats bar I mean the PersonaBar that some UI's have.

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:48 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

To each his own, and all that, I suppose. As I said, I harvest all the time, so I understand needing to know if you're ready for a new tier's harvesting, but I've never had any trouble keeping track of that with just a very occasional look at the skills page. I really can't imagine needing (or wanting) to take up screen space with a constant display of my harvesting skills. *Shrug* But then, I've never really bothered with any sort of "stat bar" mod; the only thing even close to a "star bar" that I use is the mod I created that shows my coins and weight. There's nothing else that I can see any need to have on-screen all the time. (The fact that I've always had to play at a relatively low resolution probably has something to do with the matter. My available screen space tends to be limited.)

In any event, though, the whole point is moot. Until and unless Sony changes things, it's not possible to have the harvesting skill info anywhere other than in the one and only Persona window, anyway.

On a side note, as far as "knowing what to concentrate on" is concerned, when I'm harvesting, I harvest from all nodes, whether I specifically need the harvestables or not, and I really wish everyone else would do the same. It's been one of my pet peeves for years, now. When you "cherry-pick" certain node types and leave the rest behind (except of course in KoS zones), you just screw up the node balance for whomever ends up harvesting behind you. :P

(Please don't take that as a personal attack; it's only intended as a general observation. Your comment just happened to bring the point to mind.)

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 01-04-2008, 08:17 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf View Post
Snippage....

On a side note, as far as "knowing what to concentrate on" is concerned, when I'm harvesting, I harvest from all nodes, whether I specifically need the harvestables or not, and I really wish everyone else would do the same. It's been one of my pet peeves for years, now. When you "cherry-pick" certain node types and leave the rest behind (except of course in KoS zones), you just screw up the node balance for whomever ends up harvesting behind you. :P

(Please don't take that as a personal attack; it's only intended as a general observation. Your comment just happened to bring the point to mind.)

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Ah, but I DON'T do "cherry pickin'" on the nodes. It's just that I want to be able to know (perhaps) just how close I am to moving on. Since I don't TS much, if at all, I'm not interested in most of the stuff I pick up and usually just delete it out of my bags. I do find some of the stuff to be broker fodder and make a bit of coin but that comes later, not at the teens and twenties.

Unread 01-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I suggest adding a new tab to your chat window and sort skill messages there. You'll then know how close you are by looking at the bottommost skill up of that skill. And the best thing is, when you're done and don't want it anymore, you can just filter skills back where they were and trash the tab.
Unread 01-05-2008, 12:00 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks for the suggestions, I had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't possible or someone would have created a mod for it already.

I'll just set a keybind to open the skills page directly (I think that's available). That way I can quickly access it as I go.

As for my desire to have the skills up all the time, it's just because I'm a total TS slacker and thought if my (inevitably lagging) harvesting skills were right in my face I might remember to harvest something now and then :-)

Also, I play at a high resolution, so screen space isn't really a problem. And I have an nice little spot I could tuck the skills in