No. I like the current setup. 27 42.86%
Yes. Keep it simple and compact like Boho. 19 30.16%
Yes. Lots of Frills. Space isn't an issue. Like Fenix Arcane. 6 9.52%
Yes. I'd like an integrated HUD like TyeJae's. 11 17.46%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 02-13-2005, 12:19 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

Glad to see it. A couple of issues I found.

The intro screens (where the adverts normally are) and the character selection screens bleed off the monitor. As if they were set to to high of a resolution for the monitor. I run mine at 1600x1200 and have verified this with another person at 1280x1024.

On the Quest Journal. To look at completed quests you have to click the "show repeatable" twice and it removed the hidden aspect from them so they are visible again.

Since you are including the time window can the time be removed from the experience bar to make it a bit smaller?

Other than those Great mod. Glad to see the EQ2 maps put in there as well.
Unread 02-13-2005, 01:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Great work !

May we get stats on 75%-Inventory ?
Unread 02-13-2005, 11:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I really like your tradeskill mod. My only feedback would be if you can somehow make the 'repeat' and 'begin' buttons be in the same location on both windows so a simple click, click can be done like the original window, rather than having to move just to click the buttons. Keep up the great work.
Unread 02-13-2005, 01:03 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Love the inventory but atm I'm using it with limited use because it isn't compatible with the TyeJae UI. I tried to change a few of the files and merge them together but I just can't tell everything you changed. Is the inventory supposed to be standalone (of course, minus the font issue).

Here's a pic of what my inventory looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inventory.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1212  
Unread 02-13-2005, 05:04 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paganstar
Glad to see it. A couple of issues I found.

The intro screens (where the adverts normally are) and the character selection screens bleed off the monitor. As if they were set to to high of a resolution for the monitor. I run mine at 1600x1200 and have verified this with another person at 1280x1024.

On the Quest Journal. To look at completed quests you have to click the "show repeatable" twice and it removed the hidden aspect from them so they are visible again.

Since you are including the time window can the time be removed from the experience bar to make it a bit smaller?

Other than those Great mod. Glad to see the EQ2 maps put in there as well.
1 file was accidentally omitted from the Combo zip. I'll be posting a replacement for that shortly. The missing file is attached here. No need to download the entire zip again if you already got it.

The Quest Journel bug you mention is a known issue with Checkboxes in general. No known fix. Its also an issue with checkbox style buttons in the Map, and Inventory window. Should only require a double click when you first log in.

XP window wouldn't get smaller with times removed unless I also moved the Vitality percentages to where the times currently are. I could do that if enough ppl would prefer that layout.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui.zip (595 Bytes, 459 views)
Unread 02-13-2005, 05:05 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina
I really like your tradeskill mod. My only feedback would be if you can somehow make the 'repeat' and 'begin' buttons be in the same location on both windows so a simple click, click can be done like the original window, rather than having to move just to click the buttons. Keep up the great work.
he Begin button was intentionally isolated to prevent accidentally starting a combine and wasting fule. If you're looking for faster repeats, try using the ENTER key
Unread 02-13-2005, 05:11 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalwein
Love the inventory but atm I'm using it with limited use because it isn't compatible with the TyeJae UI. I tried to change a few of the files and merge them together but I just can't tell everything you changed. Is the inventory supposed to be standalone (of course, minus the font issue).

Here's a pic of what my inventory looks like.
An image file used in displaying buttons was accidentally omitted from the Fetish5wayInventory download. Create an images directory under UI/Fetish and unzip the attached file to there. The main dowload zip will be updated shortly.

The ReadMeInventory.txt file included with the download lists some info on modding this mod. Make sure the items listed there are included in your version of those resource files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fetish_widgets.zip (2.4 KB, 362 views)
Unread 02-14-2005, 04:22 PM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

tip for ya.
take out the health and mana points and exp bars

and you can make the stats page fit easily on the mini inventory window.
________
Wellbutrin attorneys

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:31 AM.
Unread 02-16-2005, 10:35 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyis3l33t
tip for ya.
take out the health and mana points and exp bars

and you can make the stats page fit easily on the mini inventory window.
I'd still have to abreviate some stuff and cram everything in tight to keep the stats from overlaping slots, at which point I'd be concerned about extra didgets at very high lvls. Just doesn't seam worth the loss in ledgability at full size.

Last edited by Zonx : 02-16-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Unread 02-17-2005, 08:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

Very nice, installed it and running smoothly, just wish it was player based and not account. My wife doesnt like getting used to GUI's everytime I change my mind =)
Unread 02-17-2005, 11:13 AM
A Brown Bear

Couple of bugs I noticed... In the group window, health percentages for group members is always 100%, which is quite annoying for a healer. Then for the quest helper window, I like to keep the whole thing transparent but if the list of objectives to do is too long, there will always be one objective that still has a black background.
Unread 02-17-2005, 06:18 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilo
Couple of bugs I noticed... In the group window, health percentages for group members is always 100%, which is quite annoying for a healer.
Yah I noticed this too. Those were never intended to be visible since the data elements don't currently work.

This and a few other tweaks plus the latest changes from SOE should be posted tonight. I'll also be rolling up all the pathces I've done to date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilo
Then for the quest helper window, I like to keep the whole thing transparent but if the list of objectives to do is too long, there will always be one objective that still has a black background.
This bug is new to me. I'll look into that. Really didn't do anything to the Quest helper, so I'm not sure I can do anything about this prob. You might try trashing the eq2ui_journals_active.xml file from your Fetish directory. If that doesn't fix it, its a SOE bug.

Last edited by Zonx : 02-18-2005 at 01:35 AM.
Unread 02-17-2005, 07:01 PM
A Griffon

Exclamation Something of "Note"

Just noticed a bug in your UI and thought I should point it out. There is no "Notes" button in the "Friends" tab of the "Community" window.

Other than that, I am VERY happy with your UI, so keep up the good work!
Unread 02-17-2005, 07:36 PM
A Sea Turtle

Default Bugs with the new update

With Today's new update their appears to be a bug with the new /con system (simple). The names go flying off the top of the screen and none of their new fetures (lvls and brackets )
Unread 02-18-2005, 12:45 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paganstar
With Today's new update their appears to be a bug with the new /con system (simple). The names go flying off the top of the screen and none of their new fetures (lvls and brackets )
To stop the names flying off the screen, go to options > User Interface > Name and chat bubble and set NPC Evaluation to "Detailed (Arrows)"
Unread 02-18-2005, 09:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadditude
To stop the names flying off the screen, go to options > User Interface > Name and chat bubble and set NPC Evaluation to "Detailed (Arrows)"

having the same issue and used the same fix.

This is my favorite pakage so far. One additional comment, The duel exp bars for me is a bit more then needed. I went with this single bar from Humudce http://www.eq2interface.com/download...bs.php?id=3414

If its not to muc trouble you may want to put in a single bar like Hum's and add a folder with the double bar and people can just grab whichever. Also since the bar I now use has the time on it, I do not need the very nice little clock and day/time window (I hate to del it but fncitonaly I am pushing for more screen real estate) which file do I remove to hide/del that window?

thanks for all the hard work, you have put together a fantastic UI.
Unread 02-18-2005, 09:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere

I want to say great job as well. Overall you have put together the right elements to make something enjoyable, moreso. The look is clean and efficient. It's not at all garish or overdone. Keep up the great work, and thank you for it.

I hope next update uses the new con system with the rest of the interface, or some form of it. Sony has done it really well, so why not find a way to make it work?

Last edited by Sepulcher : 02-18-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Unread 02-18-2005, 02:04 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

2.5 uploaded. Includes all the new changes and several bug fixes/tweaks. In addition...

- Target windows can now be stretched in either mode. New mode also includes a "Smart" level indicator that shows target level when the info text would normally be blank.

- Experience window is now MUCH more configurable. Show 1 bar or 2. Choose which bar is visible/on top. Hide/show time display. Entire window stretches horizontally. Minimum size is much smaller. Standard window controls apply. Background and/or frame can be made fully transparent.

- Added Nektropos Castle Maps (no waypoints/POIs yet)
Unread 02-18-2005, 02:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Zonx,

I can't seem to find 2.5. Have you uploaded it yet? Thanks in advance
Unread 02-18-2005, 03:06 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthack
Zonx,
I can't seem to find 2.5. Have you uploaded it yet? Thanks in advance
Links are in the first post of this thread. Its available now.

Last edited by Zonx : 02-18-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Unread 02-18-2005, 04:34 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitedog1
...which file do I remove to hide/del that window?
To disable the clock entirely trash the following files from your Fetish directory:

eq2ui_mainhud_clock.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_compass.xml

Trashing just the eq2ui_mainhud_clock.xml will restore the clock to its default appearance, location, and keep it form being perma open. It will still be linked to the Compass and open any time you open the compass but can be closed seperately.

Suggest you play with the 2.5 XP window befor doing this. You might prefer an XP window config without the time display
Unread 02-18-2005, 07:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Will do

downloading 2.5 now thanks again for making and supporting this for us xmldiots to use
Unread 02-19-2005, 02:01 AM
A Griffon

This is by far the best UI I have used so far, and I look forward to seeing more in the future. Keep up the good work!
Unread 02-19-2005, 07:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Great stuff, Z. Got the patch as we speak
Unread 02-19-2005, 06:34 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

Server: Nektulos

Integrated the inventory into TyeJae's ui but I'm still having an issue. The WC_OptionsButton, WC_HelpButton, and WC_CloseButton don't show up. I modified it according to your readme (its adjusted to work without the arial font and I removed the stats pane b/c that is always shown in the group window) and everything else works, even your custom buttons. Just those buttons don't show up at all.

The only file shared between your inventory and TyeJae's ui is the eq2ui_ImageStyles.xml file - which I modified accordingly. Do the added elements in that file have to be in specific positions in the file? I just added them all to the top.

Here's is the two files I've changed; if yo have time please take a look to see if you can find the problem.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_ImageStyles.xml (36.9 KB, 428 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml (52.8 KB, 389 views)

Aalwein | Bartolomeu
"Vae puto deus fio."