EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Butcherblock
Default Waypoints

How do I create waypoints in the new version? In the old version, I could double-click on the map and a WP was made.
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:29 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Ahh, still waiting for reply to this. Cheers!
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

I just click on the icon and the X starts flashing.. Whips are buggy and they don't show up half the time form me unless I am close the the location.
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Whips are buggy and they don't show up half the time form me unless I am close the the location.
As far as I know that's working as intended.
Unread 12-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

I don't know how u can say that..

Half the time I'll get a wisp to the loc from across the zone then the other half I won't. If you can explain the logic in that then I'll agree. I can tell you its because wisp cut thought the geometry some times and that is a bug.
Unread 12-05-2008, 12:47 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ah ok, I had only noticed that they had reduced the distance at which it shows up, haven't seen the across the zone ones, but in that case I'll agree that it's a bug. Of course the wisp pathing is buggy as always, wasn't disputing that.
Unread 12-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The wisps have never been very good in EQ2. Sometimes they give you a pointer in the right direction, but in tight quarters they also have a chance to be pointing the wrong way or taking a shortcut (Hooray wisp going through the wall that you can't ).

And yeah. Supposedly wisps aren't supposed to show unless you're a certain distance from the target or less. The problem? They often disappear entirely when they recalculate as you move (and does that recalculation annoy anyone else as much as it does me? Can't it just calculate it right the first time, or at least not so blatantly change it's mind?) or they sometimes show up when you're relatively far away and then disappear until you get close (if they come back at all).

They were implemented pretty decently in EQ1, but the wisps definitely drop the ball in EQ2.
Unread 12-05-2008, 04:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

/shrug i pay attention more to the ordinal direction it tells me in chat. thought I CANNOT STAND how often it spams you, and how it spams you still after you cancel a waypoint sometimes.

I think the wisp is a bit of a crutch anyhow, but it works well enough for what I would think would be something hard to make perfect.
Unread 12-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I think the wisp is a bit of a crutch anyhow, but it works well enough for what I would think would be something hard to make perfect.
EQ2MAP is a bigger crutch that the wisp:P

A would think that the wisp would use the same pathing AI as NPC pathing would use but then they tend to travel through geometry a lot to..
Unread 12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Why on earth isnt there a window to enter a waypoint loc - or am I missing something very obvious?
Unread 12-16-2008, 09:51 PM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default waypoint

In the search box, if ya put in a loc and press the path button, you will get a waypoint...
Unread 12-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirhk View Post
Why on earth isnt there a window to enter a waypoint loc - or am I missing something very obvious?
Or you could just type /way <loc> in your chat window
Unread 12-17-2008, 02:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you for the /way tip

The search box isnt working for me atm, so im updating to v1.1.2 to see if it fixes it..
Unread 12-24-2008, 09:05 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
I just click on the icon and the X starts flashing.. Whips are buggy and they don't show up half the time form me unless I am close the the location.
I already know this. Unfortunately I wasn't able to revisit this thread until today because I see that it has digressed from my original issue.

In the previous version (now 2 versions back), I could double-click on a blank area of the map and it would automatically create a waypoint. Sometimes I just want to get to an area that has no POI of any sort. Can the latest version be fixed please so that the (autocreation of a WP when double-clicking) works again?
Unread 12-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrel View Post
I already know this. Unfortunately I wasn't able to revisit this thread until today because I see that it has digressed from my original issue.

In the previous version (now 2 versions back), I could double-click on a blank area of the map and it would automatically create a waypoint. Sometimes I just want to get to an area that has no POI of any sort. Can the latest version be fixed please so that the (autocreation of a WP when double-clicking) works again?
OK sorry, yea I know what your talking about now. I had only used that once in a while, I'll check into seeing why it isn't doing that any more.
Unread 12-25-2008, 04:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I don't think we could implement that if we wanted to, so this is something for /feedback. What we could do on our end is add a /waypoint button to the Add POI window, so you could right click -> Add POI -> Waypoint.
Unread 12-25-2008, 05:17 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Whichever way it could be done again would be great!
Unread 12-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Seems they have taken that functionality out of the game, you can't even do it on the default map any more. You will need to /feedback like gm9 suggests for them to add that back in.
Unread 12-25-2008, 03:15 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I'll add the waypoint button though once I'm back home after christmas.
Unread 12-27-2008, 03:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I'll add the waypoint button though once I'm back home after christmas.
Done. Right click -> Add POI -> Path.