EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 01-27-2014, 07:23 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest
Default Some settings not saving

I seem to have lost my Self > Target > Implied window in the last couple of days. The check mark is checked in the options, but it disappears when I log out. Certain of my characters (brig and BL specifically) the bottom bar just isn't saving. When I go to the options, all the right stuff is selected, but it is displaying all different stuff in the bottom bar.

Also, I like all my characters UI to be as close to identical as possible, including the bottom bar. Sometimes the bottom bar layout carries over with /load_uisettings but sometimes it doesn't. Is there a place that we can edit the character-specific options (besides logging in each char...) so that I can ensure all my characters have the same information on the bottom bars?
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server

Last edited by Maelya : 01-27-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Unread 01-27-2014, 10:46 PM
A Griffon

The Spell Timers window is also not persisting through relogs.
Unrest Server
Unread 01-28-2014, 01:07 PM
A Griffon

Ok, after further testing, it seems the windows load correctly if you log directly into a character (first character you log in) but any time you camp between characters, the character-specific settings get all boogered up. My BL and Brig bottom bar are fine if I log them in first, but if I log to them from another character, they're messed up. None of my characters have a Self > Target > Implied or spell timer window up when logging between characters, but it sometimes shows up if they are the first character I log in.
Unrest Server
Unread 01-28-2014, 05:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Thanks for the feedback and debugging.

Did this problem not occur to you at all previous to my latest large update?

I'll try to test more. I did a lot of testing with switching between characters, so something must be loading different in some situations.
Unread 01-28-2014, 07:25 PM
A Griffon

No, this started with the newest update. Before that, all my characters loaded fine whether they were first or 15th logged in for the day.
Unrest Server
Unread 01-29-2014, 09:47 AM
A Coastal Crab

Running into same issues. First character's UI carries over to the other characters UI after camping.
Unread 01-29-2014, 09:22 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Correct, this behavior did not happen before the big change. Another thing happening not mentioned is the Raid spell clickie settings are not being saved (applied) when logging in. I have to set up my raid spell clickies each day. The changes stay across a session but disappear when I close game.

The spell timer window needs the click box turned off then on so the window pops up again. Also I lose all spells listed in the spell timer window each time I log off.
Unread 01-30-2014, 07:02 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaradann View Post
Correct, this behavior did not happen before the big change. Another thing happening not mentioned is the Raid spell clickie settings are not being saved (applied) when logging in. I have to set up my raid spell clickies each day. The changes stay across a session but disappear when I close game.

The spell timer window needs the click box turned off then on so the window pops up again. Also I lose all spells listed in the spell timer window each time I log off.
Do the group clickies work? Strange because they use the same code/values.
Unread 01-30-2014, 01:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

The group/raid clickies maintain the settings from the previous character until you camp to yourself, then they load properly The same is true for the spell timer settings.

As an FYI, when you camp to a different toon, the old character name is displayed in the group window until all the entity resources are loaded for the zone you're logging into.
Unread 01-30-2014, 06:29 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

I just noticed something when it comes to the Casting Macros at least. If I log in with Mysstie, her stuff is listed. If I then camp to Chantelle, Mysstie's stuff is still listed. If I then camp back to Chantelle, Chantelle's stuff is now listed. Similarly, if I camp back to Mysstie, Chantelle's stuff is listed the first time. If I camp back to Mysstie, Mysstie's stuff is now listed again.

For whatever reason, I have to camp to a character twice for their stuff to load. I just thought of another test I need to do before I can make a statement I was about to.
Unread 01-30-2014, 07:22 PM
A Griffon

Ok. With Casting Macro's, other than the toon that was logged in first, it loads the previous character's settings regardless of who that character was. For example, I log in with Mysstie first and her stuff is loaded. I camp to Chantelle and Mysstie's stuff is loaded again. I camp to Krysstie and Chantelle's stuff is loaded. I camp to Mysstie and Krysstie's stuff is loaded. I camp back to Mysstie and now her stuff is loaded.

Hope that helps with the debugging process.
Unread 01-30-2014, 07:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Wow that is really strange. /sigh SOE's code.

Thank you for the details though, it should help debug it.
Unread 01-30-2014, 10:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Please check the updater and test out the changes for me.

I think I fixed the problem(s). I'll check back tomorrow evening after work for feedback.

Sorry for the inconveniences!
Unread 01-31-2014, 04:27 AM
A Griffon

Certainly something extra going on when camping to a new character but it does now seem to be loading the correct character's settings as far as the Casting Macros goes (easiest for me to test since I put the character's actual name into their messages). It also seems that the Target Casting Window is also behaving better in that it is actually there and I don't need to toggle it back on.

Most of my alts are Wardens that are primarily Crafters so some things are a bit more tricky to test as many things would be the same anyway.
Unread 01-31-2014, 11:47 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

I just tested the camp to character and gladly report that the clickies load for the right character, the "self -> target -> implied" and casting timers windows are loaded correctly.
Unread 01-31-2014, 01:17 PM
A Griffon

Seems to be working great! Only thing still wonky is the char window with a BL (haven't tested my channeler) with the buttons messing up when you have a warder up. But bottom bar, spell timers and self > target > implied windows are where they should be!
Unrest Server
Unread 01-31-2014, 08:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Outside the Persona window (tabs for BL/Channel weren't fixed yet) can anyone report any custom windows/custom text/custom settings NOT loading when swapping characters?

Thanks.
Unread 01-31-2014, 09:14 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepan View Post
The group/raid clickies maintain the settings from the previous character until you camp to yourself, then they load properly The same is true for the spell timer settings.

As an FYI, when you camp to a different toon, the old character name is displayed in the group window until all the entity resources are loaded for the zone you're logging into.
Mine did not oddly. For instance, set up the group/raid clickies for the spells I use, get booted to desktop/logout and I lose the settings. I did not see them saved from toon to toon but then I would not expect my dirge spells to be used by my channeler and etc.

I know this is old news now but my defiler didn't have it's spells or spell timers, but today when I logged it in, they were back so I bet it's all good now. Will check several times this weekend.

Thx again
Unread 02-01-2014, 01:26 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Just make sure you have the latest patch from the Updater before testing
Unread 02-01-2014, 06:18 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Outside the Persona window (tabs for BL/Channel weren't fixed yet) can anyone report any custom windows/custom text/custom settings NOT loading when swapping characters?

Thanks.
The player window (the one with health/power/concentration showing) where you can toggle the HP/Power numbers doesn't seem to save when swapping characters. Didn't notice it before, sorry!
Unrest Server