EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 01-16-2009, 10:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw
Default manual updating?

Hi, is there any way of downloading files from wherever theyre stored and installing them manually into eq2map without using the auto update feature?

I cant get it to work atm, havent had any probs up till now, but it wont auto update, I don't get any error msg the program just hangs and eventually i need to cntrl alt del and end program. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same problem, uninstalled and tried 1.2.0, that was same too so went back to 1.2.3. I know theres probably some files in the main eq2 folder that eq2map installs but not sure whats what in there so cant change anything. I'm guessing reinstalling eq2map would've changed them anyway.

the bottom window stays at:
Checking Database
Scanning installed files
Kylong Plains (Icons)

and the 2 bars at the top both stick at 96%.

I looked at the internet status window (says bytes sent, recieved, and errors) while it was running, seems like its ok up until 96% then it starts getting errors recieved. I'm guessing it's because of my ISP - been having a few probs with them, high ping times coz of packet loss etc, but its always at the the same point.
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:02 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can use Landiin's Henchman for updating EQ2MAP - he'll also be releasing a standalone updater soon.
Unread 01-16-2009, 12:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

Thanks, tried using that but it wont detect eq2map probably coz each time eq2map is run it thinks its the first time its being run and asks for eq2 folder.

I've also decided to try installing ProfitUI, and after I installed it eq2map seemed to be working as when I ran it it was downloading and copying all the files into the new directory, until it got to "Kylong Plains (Icons)" then it got stuck at 96% again and froze up and I had to end program again.

Any chance there could be an error on that file on the server? I thought it was my ISP but it's odd that it's always the same point in the same file even if downloading others.

*EDIT* - I've got it to register that its installed by quickly cancelling the update as soon as it runs then closing again. Finally figured out how to use this henchman thing, but it seems to be stuck on the same file too. Says updating file 1 of 2 out of 528 scanned downloading file: map_POI_exp04_rgn_kylong_plains.xml.

*ANOTHER EDIT* - Assuming it's a prob with that file, I've ticked the box not to update that POI file and it finishes updating ok. I guess it'll work now but just with no icons at kylong plains (wherever that is - I never remember place names).

Last edited by FlipperR : 01-16-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Unread 01-16-2009, 01:56 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh that's interesting that you get the same error with henchman. That tells us that it's not a problem with the official updater. The server is fine also, you are possibly running some faulty antivirus/firewall software which is causing this.