EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-25-2005, 06:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Total Noob.. Need Assistance Please

This is my first attempt at learning this stuff... So please bare with me... I learned HTML, PHP, windowblinds, and DesktopX on my own so I am thinking if I can get pointed into the right direction I should start to pick things up and figure some other things out on my own.

First, I copied the files from Default to another folder I named MyUi... Was I supposed to copy the 3 folders too? The instructios were not specific.

Second, How do I set the resolution I want to design my UI at? I selected SkinInfoPage and changed it down in the Object properties window but it didnt change my preview pane at all.

Third, I was thinking I could design a layout in photoshop and select portions of it for each window. Although I may need to be pointed into the direction of a documention I can look at on how to layout the tga files.

Fourth, do I set the position of each window in UIBuilder or do I do that ingame?

I was hoping to get an step by step somewhere on totally redoing a game window with new window lok and everything... then at least I could not be so puzzled here.

Any advice is welcomed... Thanks
Unread 04-25-2005, 06:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I think I figured out my third question... When I click on the word "image" in the left tree it shows me 4 numbers at the bottom.... are these numbers each corner of the image in the specified tga? And what order? is it top left, bottom left, top right, bottom right?
Unread 04-26-2005, 02:06 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

1- No, don't copy everything.
When using UIBuilder, ONLY copy eq2ui.xml, and UIBuilder will load the rest from the default folder and save what's altered.

When using Notepad or any other editor, only copy the files that you are going to alter immediately.

2- No clue.

3- First two numbers are upper-left corner, last two are bottom-right corner.
You can double-click SourceRect to bring up a preview window and square off what you want.

4- Setting the position in UIBuilder will set the window's default position. This will determine where it shows up for new characters, but if the window has been moved in-game it will remember that.
Unread 04-26-2005, 06:33 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

2- Select the root object in UIBuilder, change Size to whatever resolution you'd like to work at. If the preview pane doesn't automatically resize (I can't remember if it does or not) save your changes, close the file, and reopen it.