EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 02-03-2005, 01:01 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

there is now an arial version for those who want arial, or if you have the quickarial mod and the numbers were not lining up correctly.
Unread 02-03-2005, 07:02 AM
A Coastal Crab

You Are Da Man!
Unread 02-03-2005, 05:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Date and Time

Ok I've been running this for the last 2 days now, and the date and time have not changed or fixed themselves. Both times read 10:48pm game and real time and the date is set to some day in 87. What are my options to fixed this. I did a second download today at noon to replace the original file played for about 2 hours with still no fix. Any suggestions?
Unread 02-03-2005, 05:40 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

do you have an eq2ui_gamedata.xml in your custom folder
Unread 02-03-2005, 05:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

yes I have that file
Unread 02-03-2005, 05:55 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

DELETE the eq2ui_gamedata.xml. that will fix it. no mod author should EVER include that file in their mod because
  1. They cant change it at all to do something new
  2. when sony updates dynamic data to add new things (like the time) the update wont work since it is using the older version in the custom folder.

Last edited by taco-man : 02-03-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Unread 02-03-2005, 05:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks I iwll give that a try
Unread 02-04-2005, 06:55 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Fantastic

Have just started using this and it is brilliant!
Major thumbs up to your efforts.

Its FANTASTIC!

Last edited by andale : 02-05-2005 at 03:26 AM.
Unread 02-05-2005, 08:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I noticed a small problem I have with the single bar. The mouseover text for current experience does not update for the top exp bar. When I mouse-over the bottom blue bubbles, I get the correct experience %. The top (yellow) bubbles always lag behind at either 0, or several percentage points. I didn't notice this until after I dinged last night.

Edit: This problem only occurs when you have less than 10% progress TNL and only right after you ding and do not logout. After 10% both mouseovers display the correct experience gains. If you log out, and back in, the correct progress is displayed. Must be a server side problem. This happened again last night. So at least on my setup, its repeatable.

Last edited by Morlak : 02-07-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Unread 02-09-2005, 01:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Moving one thing, removing another

I would like a single one with the REAL date and time moved under the bar
and the skill name on the left removed. if that is possible. ?

Also, Noob question. i have read about the problem ppl are having with this. Are the problem correct now, if you where to release a new one to download?

Thank you,
Scipio

Last edited by Scipio724 : 02-09-2005 at 01:23 AM.
Unread 02-09-2005, 01:49 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio724
I would like a single one with the REAL date and time moved under the bar
and the skill name on the left removed. if that is possible. ?

Also, Noob question. i have read about the problem ppl are having with this. Are the problem correct now, if you where to release a new one to download?

Thank you,
Scipio
yes it is possible check back here on 2/09 sometime late at night after i get home from school and applying for a job i will make it for you and post it.

what problem are you talking about.
Unread 02-09-2005, 09:25 PM
A Coastal Crab

Great bar, only problem i have that the vitality always shows 100% no matter what, there something i need to do to fix this? THanaks
Unread 02-09-2005, 09:27 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

do you have a eq2ui_gamedata.xml in your custom ui folder? if you do delete it, it shouldnt be in there.
Unread 02-10-2005, 11:00 AM
A Griffon

Default Down-pointing triangle/arrow on adv xp bar

Sorry I don't have a screenshot of this but I noticed there is a downward-pointing gold triangle/arrow that verrry slowly creeps from the left of my new top adventure bar. Nothing describes what this is when I mouseover. Any idea what it is?
Unread 02-10-2005, 02:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
yes it is possible check back here on 2/09 sometime late at night after i get home from school and applying for a job i will make it for you and post it.

what problem are you talking about.

hey Taco-man, its 2/10??

Oh the problems well ppl talking about stuff staying on 100% etc. stuff like that. I am new to this and am still learning how to do this. I am not sure how to even install it once i download it. i hope it comes with a README file.. LOL

thanks

Last edited by Scipio724 : 02-10-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Unread 02-10-2005, 02:40 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by metavirus
Sorry I don't have a screenshot of this but I noticed there is a downward-pointing gold triangle/arrow that verrry slowly creeps from the left of my new top adventure bar. Nothing describes what this is when I mouseover. Any idea what it is?
That is one of the Vitality Indicatiors on the new style of the bars. The downward pointing gold arrow shows where on your Adventure XP Bar your Vitality will run out. So when your XP Bar fills up to that point the downward arrow will go away, and you should see a new upward facing arrow under that bar which is blue, this is true unless you are getting Uber XP and get more XP on the kill that puts you over where the Downward Arrow is pointing to. There is also sometimes a Right Pointing Gold Arrow after the bar which indicates your Vitality Bonus will last into your next level.

The way Vitality works is for each mob you kill your Vitality goes down, so essentially if you play long enought non stop you could use up all of your Vitality Bonus. Lets say when you start playing your Adventure XP Vitality is 100%, you play for 4 hours and kill say 50 mobs, your vitality goes down to say 89.5% that is why the indicatior you are seeing slowly creaps to the left. The previous was just an example, I do not know the exact calculation the game uses to figure out how much your vitality goes down per kill. This is also true if you are working on Artisan tradeskills and not Adventure XP.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 02-13-2005, 01:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Very nice.

I prefer the single one without class-information on 1280 x 1024. I think it should be no special version and therefore offered in the download section and not only here.

My wish: a second decimal place
Unread 02-13-2005, 01:25 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio724
hey Taco-man, its 2/10??

Oh the problems well ppl talking about stuff staying on 100% etc. stuff like that. I am new to this and am still learning how to do this. I am not sure how to even install it once i download it. i hope it comes with a README file.. LOL

thanks
sorry about that, i have been so busy working on the http://maps.eq2interface.com/ part of the eq2interface site that i havent had any time at all for UI mods. ill try and do it tomorrow night.
Unread 02-15-2005, 03:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
someone else has requested the single bar with the class name and RL date removed and move RL time above exp numbers.

here it is:
I got a problem with the single and double bar version. I dont use any arial mod or anything and I removed the 2 other UIs for testing if they cause the problem with yours, but it was not the case.

The spacing behind the decimal point for displayed exp is incorrect for me. Example would be: 27.4% and there are missing at least 2-3 pixel columns from the number 4. I think it is maybe a problem with different language fonts ? The picture of your bar displays a decimal point for the vitality like 72.8% but i see on my screen 72,8%.

I run EQ2 on a european version(german).

Any ideas what can be done ?

Last edited by Paton : 02-15-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Unread 02-16-2005, 10:39 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

could you post a screenshot from in game?
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:24 PM
A Griffon

More of a request really. I use your single version and love it. Was wondering if you could/would add a third bar to this with the Guild level indicator?
Unread 03-20-2005, 06:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Quitting to desktop

I'm having a problem with this - and also almost all similar xp-bars. If I log out a char in qeynos and then log in a Mule char from IoR the client quits to desktop when it goes to add the char to the zone. This does not happen if I switch between chars on IoR or if i switch between chars on Qeynos. Nor does it happen if were to initially load an IoR char and then load a qeynos char. This only happens if the file eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml is in my custom gui folder. I have tried removing all other mods with no success. and I have used soe's scan facility to check all original game files.
Unread 03-20-2005, 06:41 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrqes
I'm having a problem with this - and also almost all similar xp-bars. If I log out a char in qeynos and then log in a Mule char from IoR the client quits to desktop when it goes to add the char to the zone. This does not happen if I switch between chars on IoR or if i switch between chars on Qeynos. Nor does it happen if were to initially load an IoR char and then load a qeynos char. This only happens if the file eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml is in my custom gui folder. I have tried removing all other mods with no success. and I have used soe's scan facility to check all original game files.
Ok I think most of our XP Bars all use similar code, so that would explain why they are almost all having the problem you are describing. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but that is IoR? And if I understand this correctly if you use the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml from the Default UI folder the crash goes away? Does this happen with both the Double XP (Adv and Tradeskill) and Single Bar Mods?

I will try and track down what the issue is, and see if it will be possible to find a fix and post it here for all of the XPBar Mod authors to use.

Unread 03-21-2005, 02:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

IoR is the Isle of Refuge.

The eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml I refer to is any custom version of the file. If any custom version of that is in my custom gui folder (single or double) apart from a recent one made by Pyroman then the condition arises.

when there is no eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml in my customgui folder then all works well. I'm wondering why i'm the only one this is happening to. BTW this happens on both my pc's EQ2 clients, which d/l and installed files independantly of each other - so no files could ever have been shared. BTW update : this also happens when I switch from my new (1st) Freeport character to any in Qeynos - but not when I switch from my Qeynos char to the one in Freeport - weird huh - again removing the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml fixes the problem
Unread 03-21-2005, 04:02 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrqes
IoR is the Isle of Refuge.

The eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml I refer to is any custom version of the file. If any custom version of that is in my custom gui folder (single or double) apart from a recent one made by Pyroman then the condition arises.

when there is no eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml in my customgui folder then all works well. I'm wondering why i'm the only one this is happening to. BTW this happens on both my pc's EQ2 clients, which d/l and installed files independantly of each other - so no files could ever have been shared. BTW update : this also happens when I switch from my new (1st) Freeport character to any in Qeynos - but not when I switch from my Qeynos char to the one in Freeport - weird huh - again removing the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml fixes the problem
I am trying to pin down the problem as we speak. I found out after I posted that IoR is Isle of Refugee.

I have had this happen occasionally on my system also with my own XP Bar mods, and chalked it up to an Sony issue, from what you are describing it's not their issue but ours . Both my characters are Qeynos Based Castleview and Graystone Yard. So I will see if I can study Sony's default file, and My files, and Pyroman's to see if I can find a fix to share with all of the other authors. Thank You again for tracking it down to the XP Bars.