Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 02-12-2005, 02:17 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac
what?
365k? 400-500k? firefox, right now is 32,000k. how can eq2 be smaller?
Sorry, I meant to say 35,000K. I don't usually pay any atention to the label in my Task Manager, and was shortening the 35,000 to 35k. So in a way I was trying to say 35k(K). 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarny
...snip...

When you minimize EQ2, the memory usage for it goes immediately to 25Mb, but then starts climbing up again.

Regardless of the state of EQ2 (minimized, restored in windowed mode) the game seems to increase memory usage at a rate of about 2Mb every 5 seconds. After reaching around 150Mb, the memory usage increase slows down, and seemed to even out at about 200Mb.
I have had it many times "top out" around 25-30,000k. I am not sure what the conditions are that make it continue to increase.
The highest I have had it while minimized was around 78,000k while in SQ checking out a quest.
It has been 5 minutes since I took the screen shot posted here, and EQ2's usage is still only at 30,236K (and has been going up and down in small increments while typing this out). I have since moved into my room to start selling (the screen shot was taken while at the ank in Starcrest).

Regardless. I think that whatever it is doing it is great for online selling and being able to do other things.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eq2mem.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	1203  

Last edited by mortis42 : 02-12-2005 at 02:26 PM.