EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-02-2005, 10:09 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Question please:

When you click on your experience, it changes from adventure to tradeskill, but there is one more experience thing.

What is that for?

Thanks,
-Noalei of Steamfont
Unread 09-02-2005, 10:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

More then likely Guild
Unread 09-03-2005, 12:34 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit
Please read previous post.

Please ensure you are using my clock and start button as this initializes some windows.
Been reading ALL posts, and tryed some different things that people said, but it still wont work, as for using your clock and start button, I'm not using pieces from another UI (I'm not to good at mixing) so I am using everything you made..

Still love it, but would like to know what I maybe have'nt tryed to get thoose icons to work, or to remove them, and get name/timers on the spells..

Thnx
Unread 09-03-2005, 07:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Very nice UI, b4 i've always put together my own and it became a nuisance keeping it update...none of that now.
Only one little thing...Can u put the little pointers back on the Persona XP bars, so u can see roughly where your vitality will take u, I think there's one on the Inventory but to small to understand.
Unread 09-03-2005, 04:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lavastorm
Question Profit UI 1.6 Question

Sorry couldnt figure out right place to post - I really like the UI but does anyone know how I can see my life bar while I am fighting?
Probably a Duh Question - But I can't figure it out.
I can target myself and see bars, but I cant see it when I am fighting.
I have tried everything. Cant change that little invisible bar with the Plus signs in the upper left when i mouse over it that says my name to frames there is no option for it when I go to window settings.
and The Opac doesnt seem to help. not a computer wiz.
Would really appreciate the assist. Thank you for your patience- Oh and the two Target / Implied target things on the top don't seem to do anything except loc/ direction. I figure I'm doing something wrong.
Unread 09-03-2005, 07:17 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elslight
Sorry couldnt figure out right place to post - I really like the UI but does anyone know how I can see my life bar while I am fighting?
Probably a Duh Question - But I can't figure it out.
I can target myself and see bars, but I cant see it when I am fighting.
Elslight, if you aren't using the included .ini files I suggest you start with extracting the one that most closely resembles your resolution, rename it to suit your character and server, and replace your existing one with the included one in your main EQ2 directory. Most of the windows in this UI should be visible to you if you do this.

Your personal health and power bars are in the experience window. If you can't see that window, alt X shows and hides it. If you ca't see the whole window, unlock it and stretch it horizontally. You cannot click on these bars to target yourself, but clicking on yourself in the group window works, and also the personal effects window, which is really just the player window modified.

Quote:
I have tried everything. Cant change that little invisible bar with the Plus signs in the upper left when i mouse over it that says my name to frames there is no option for it when I go to window settings.
and The Opac doesnt seem to help. not a computer wiz.
The window with the plus signs is the player window I mentioned. Downloading the latest version of this UI will restore the backdrop btw. Clicking this window targets yourself.

Quote:
Would really appreciate the assist. Thank you for your patience- Oh and the two Target / Implied target things on the top don't seem to do anything except loc/ direction. I figure I'm doing something wrong.
The latest version of this UI makes the compass window resizable. Also you will need to make sure you are using the "detailed" con system with the arrows and not the frames to see the target windows proper. This issue may have been explained in greater detail somewhere else in this thread. Also pressing alt T makes the target windows show and hide. Hope that helps.
Unread 09-03-2005, 08:27 PM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

btw eloora 1.6b lets u click on your hp and mana in the exp window to target yourself
Unread 09-03-2005, 09:06 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantu
btw eloora 1.6b lets u click on your hp and mana in the exp window to target yourself
Ah nice, I might have missed that line. I didn't upgrade my exp window on purpose though, as I like the little sword where it is.

P.S. the weight display on the exp window is still being cut off when the max is 4 digits, with smooth fonts on. Not sure if that was fixed in 16.b tho.

Last edited by Eloora : 09-03-2005 at 10:38 PM.
Unread 09-04-2005, 01:56 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Hello

Hi i was wondering how i get the Clock and the lower stat bar, you said earlier that you could hover the cursor over the top one and see them but it doesnt work for me. Great UI thou just those 2 probs . THNX
Unread 09-04-2005, 03:02 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slant
Hi i was wondering how i get the Clock and the lower stat bar, you said earlier that you could hover the cursor over the top one and see them but it doesnt work for me. Great UI thou just those 2 probs . THNX

Please ensure you are running 1.6b

Please start by using the included 1280 or 1024 ini file.
Unread 09-04-2005, 06:26 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Got a wierd error Profit....

The Experience numbers look really wierd in Smooth Fonts... Attached Image

Can't tell what the numbers after the decimal point should be....Just let me know what I need to do to fix it...

Excellent UI btw!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000000.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	3597  
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:31 PM
An Undead Settler

looks like .2 to me... have you tryed not using smooth fonts? 90% of the problems with special fonts are caused by Smooth Fonts
Unread 09-04-2005, 08:38 PM
A Grizzled Badger

yeah i tried it without smooth fonts.....but it just doesn't look that great....hence why i was going to try to see if i could get it to work with the smooth fonts
Unread 09-04-2005, 09:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have the same problem when using smooth fonts as well.
Unread 09-05-2005, 03:40 AM
A Weald Wolf

I have the same problem, with fonts messing up in the XP area. And I dont use smooth fonts.

---
Unread 09-05-2005, 04:51 AM
A Griffon

The revised Exp area is designed for the new version of the highspeed font I included in the last 16.b update.

Please replace all copies of this you have and reboot your pc's.
Unread 09-05-2005, 04:53 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

just to clarify for anyone replacing the font they have in thier windows font directory, you have to delete the old version of the font you are replacing before you put in the new version (or it wont work)
Unread 09-05-2005, 09:36 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
The revised Exp area is designed for the new version of the highspeed font I included in the last 16.b update.

Please replace all copies of this you have and reboot your pc's.
Did that when I installed 1.6b
Unread 09-05-2005, 11:25 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

I love this ui with a couple of exceptions!

The target and implied target boxes. Top of the screen just isnt condusive to me seeing them, I much prefer them at the bottom of the screen. Now, I know you can move them, but you end up with the titles still at the top which looks messy, and moving them to the bottom just doesnt work, mainly because they are so huge. Smaller target boxes without the title bar on would be fab.

Also, I find the self box at top right also out of my normal vision area when fighting, by the time I realise Im nearly dead, its too late. Any chance of a self box like you get in the group box on all the time? I used the horizontal group part and that seems to put me in automatically at the left side, which is fab, except when I aint grouped when it aint there.

An unholy alliance between your UI and Laffs Lite one would be fab, his bottom your top, but I understand why that wont happen. Just the 2 target boxes smaller and moveable to the bottom and a similar sized self box at the bottom would be ace tho.

Good work on the theme too, looks lovely.
Unread 09-05-2005, 11:34 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unrest
Default Horizontal compact group window

Having a problem with the compact horizontal group window not showing the 6th member in the group. And yes, I've tried resizing the window, etc. and I am using the current version of the UI.

Great UI, BTW.
Unread 09-05-2005, 12:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
just to clarify for anyone replacing the font they have in thier windows font directory, you have to delete the old version of the font you are replacing before you put in the new version (or it wont work)
I also did that and am still experiencing the same graphical glitch.
Unread 09-05-2005, 01:35 PM
A Griffon

Until Sony give us the ability to see "smooth" fonts in the UIBuilder it's going to be hard for us to envisage how it looks without switching to the game each change we try.

The UI was never intended to be used with smooth fonts.
Unread 09-05-2005, 01:39 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
I love this ui with a couple of exceptions!

The target and implied target boxes. Top of the screen just isnt condusive to me seeing them, I much prefer them at the bottom of the screen. Now, I know you can move them, but you end up with the titles still at the top which looks messy, and moving them to the bottom just doesnt work, mainly because they are so huge. Smaller target boxes without the title bar on would be fab.
In-correct - just resize the compass window and the place holders disappear.
Edit: Next version you can turn the title bars off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
Also, I find the self box at top right also out of my normal vision area when fighting, by the time I realise Im nearly dead, its too late. Any chance of a self box like you get in the group box on all the time? I used the horizontal group part and that seems to put me in automatically at the left side, which is fab, except when I aint grouped when it aint there.

An unholy alliance between your UI and Laffs Lite one would be fab, his bottom your top, but I understand why that wont happen. Just the 2 target boxes smaller and moveable to the bottom and a similar sized self box at the bottom would be ace tho.

Good work on the theme too, looks lovely.
Thanks

The problem with me keep changing stuff to suit individuals is that I start to loose what I set out to do.

I never intended to even release this UI, I've been using it since May but some urge made me post a screen shot.

Sorry, but small changes like you ask can easily be done by playing with the UIBuilder. I must stick to my original vision - it's already changed too much since releasing it.

Last edited by Profit : 09-05-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Unread 09-05-2005, 02:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Toxxulia

Is there some sort of UI shell that is accessible in-game? Just wondering since there seem to be a lot of options to turn things off anf on that I am missing/dont know how to do.

thanks
Unread 09-05-2005, 03:11 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Until Sony give us the ability to see "smooth" fonts in the UIBuilder it's going to be hard for us to envisage how it looks without switching to the game each change we try.

The UI was never intended to be used with smooth fonts.
Thanks for the clarification Profit