EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 12-02-2012, 02:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default /loadui

Hello folks. I've been away from the game for some time now (more than a year) and am trying to play again. I've downloaded an old UI fave (Drums) and unzipped it to my EQ2 folder (\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II). I then do /loadui in game but only am presented with Default and Default (Blue). Any ideas on what I may have done wrong? Thanks!
Unread 12-02-2012, 09:45 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirulus View Post
Hello folks. I've been away from the game for some time now (more than a year) and am trying to play again. I've downloaded an old UI fave (Drums) and unzipped it to my EQ2 folder (\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II). I then do /loadui in game but only am presented with Default and Default (Blue). Any ideas on what I may have done wrong? Thanks!
1st: Make sure you have the eq2.ini in the main Everquest II folder that will contain the following:

cl_ui_skinname DrumsUI
cl_ui_subdir UI/

2nd: To bring up the UI selection window type /load_uisettings

Also if you installed DrumsUI a few days ago, run Drums updater as there is a update for the tradeskill window.

Accredo
Unread 12-02-2012, 02:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

/load_uisettings is not the correct command for loading a UI, but is for your window layouts.

While /loadui is the correct command, it's not a good way to load a custom UI for the first time. You'll want to just make sure you've setup your EQ2.ini correctly as stated.
Unread 12-02-2012, 06:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

The ini file that came with Drums UI is in the EQ2 folder. I opened that file btw and found more than just the cl_ui_skinname DrumsUI & cl_ui_subdir UI/ lines. The following lines were also in there:

# Sets options to advanced mode by default
cl_options_advanced 1

# Sets the default Auto Attack bar on/off
cl_show_autoattack_bar true

# Enable Anti-Aliasing support (enable here, then set via your graphics card driver)
#r_aa_blit 1

# Allow the possibility to have chat channels in more than one tab/window
#chat_allowduplicatechannels 1

#Force EQ2 to listen to your custom cl_screenwidth and cl_screenheight parameters
#cl_validate_resolution false

#Set EQ2 to auto-reduce gfx quality to save memory
#disable_auto_low_mem_mode 1

Gonna move this ini to another folder and make a seperate ini with just the first 2 lines and see what happens.
Unread 12-02-2012, 06:32 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Personally I find it easier to use the Java installer to install the UI. Its makes sure everything installed correctly and easier to do updates.
Unread 12-02-2012, 06:51 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Sounds like you may have more than 1 installation of the game on your system if it's not working.

Do you have an EQ2 shortcut on your desktop? If you right-click it and hit Properties, what does the Target box read?
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Drums you are the man. I do have 2 installs (not sure how that happened). Gonna try to redo this now. Yep, everything is now working properly. A big thank you to everyone and thanks again for the last tip Drums.

Last edited by Sirulus : 12-08-2012 at 09:54 PM.