Originally Posted by Drumstix42
That's an awesome tip. If it works, it should be sticky'd somewhere. I'll test today.
Yes it worked for me as well. No CTD on ZAM's site now. I agree Drums, the work around should definitely be sticky'd somewhere in here.
So no one needs to go reading through the threads to understand how to apply the work around here is a very simple walk-through of how to create a user.js file.
This work around refers to the Mozilla folder in your EverQuestII folder, NOT
your regular Mozilla FireFox Browser folder if you happen to use Mozilla's FireFox for your normal internet browsing.
1. Goto C:/Program File/Sony/EverquestII/Mozilla
2. With the Mozilla Folder highlighted, right-click
on an empty area of the background which contains all of the Mozilla Folders and Files.
3. Select New
4. Select Text Document
5. Name the new text document user.js "You might be presented with a warning about changing the name."
Just click Ok
If you created the file correctly you should now see a yellow "S" or scroll type of icon next to the new file.
6. Right click on the new user.js file and select Edit
7. Copy and paste the following lines.
8. Click File
9. Within the Mozilla Folder you should see for example:
key3.db etc. and so on plus your new...
That's all there is to it. Now the ZAM site should not lock up your system or crash you to the desk top.
No credit to me, I only simplified the how-to instructions.
Thanks goes to Mysstie for the link and to Jrral, Leader of the Dark Renown guild on the Unrest server for the work around.