EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-29-2004, 09:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Combat Art / Spell transparent overlay modification

If you look into icon_transp_nocorner.tga and icon.transp1.dds you'll see the overlays used for ( I believe) the spell recast "fill up" graphics that are used to redraw the icon as it slowly becomes available.

I've done many searches for this topic (I couldn't find anything similar). I read the sticky post. I don't want the numeric value. I don't want to display any numbers. I just want the graphic to be clearer.

All I want is a 1-2px vertical bar on the far right of just the recast refill timer overlay graphic to indicate very strongly visually that the spell is almost ready. Right now, imo, the overlays are too vague and in some cases, it's very difficult to see when the spell can be recast at all.

Likewise, in addition to the recast timer overlay shown on the hotkey itself, it would be nice to also see a similar 1-2px vertical bar on the top-down transparent overlay used to indicated food, drink, and buff timers as just about to run out. Of particular annoyance is things like Pathfinding. When it gets to the bottom half of the buff, it's extremely tough to see when it's going to run out without mousing over it.

In any case, I've tried to modify and replace these files (after the patching is done, yes) but to no avail. No matter what I replace, the transparent overlays don't change. I'm obviously missing something, but I don't know what it is.

Anyways, there's the request.