EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 10-30-2005, 07:37 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Some maps not showing up but poi show on blank screen

Maps like The down under or black burrow appear all white ... the circle with the exits are missing but the color dots (what I assume is what is ment as a POI) show up.

Is there a way to fix it so I can acutally see the map ... I see the dds file on my computer and it has the maps.

Also not working right is the city view. I see blank white screen with all the sections of the city listed but it doesnt show how they are connectect or have any pretty graphics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 11-01-2005, 07:32 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I just started noticing the same thing today. I can confirm that the Down Below, Vermin Syne and Splitpaw: Delving into Darkness maps were ALL white with the POI's showing. Additionally, the city map with the zone links shows up as all white. If I toggle that off I get the standard default city map.
Unread 11-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Most of splitpaw doesnt have maps. This topic has been covered many times. Its because the zone shares the same zone name with all the zones so its near impossible to make maps work there.

As for the other zones you may want to make sure you have a dds file in your images/maps for that zone. If you still have trouble post your core_mapstyles.xml in the eq2map folder.
Unread 11-01-2005, 08:42 PM
A Mist Grinnin

The strange thing is that about a week ago (give or take) I HAD maps in Splitpaw, but now I just get the POI with a blank screen. I don't seen any .dds files for Splitpaw and when I run the auto-updater it doesn't download any either. I just tried removing the eq2maps directory and reinstalling it from a backup to no avail. Then redownloaded w/ the autoupdate... again no go. Additionally, my wife has mentioned that The Ruins and The Graveyard (in Freeport) have the same problem. She clones my UI directory, so has the same setup as me. .dds files for those zones exist.
Attached Files
File Type: xml core_mapstyles.xml (39.8 KB, 321 views)
Unread 11-01-2005, 08:53 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Ok, I found the DDS files for Splitpaw. I opened them in Photoshop using the .dds plugin and they all appear fine. Additionally, I examined the mapstyles.xml file and they are referenced correctly there. I'm at a loss and LOST inside these zones
Unread 11-03-2005, 04:35 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Ok, to add to the previous conversation. The most effected maps are the small zone and dungeons. So Thieves Way, Down Below, Vermin Syne, Ruins of Varsoon, Splitpaw dungeons, etc (The Ruins and The Graveyard also fall into this catagory). However, all overland zones and city zone (Stonestair Byway, Commonlands, Antonica, Thundering steppes) display correctly. I downloaded the latest version of the EQ2Maps autoupdate from the new website today... still not working.
Unread 11-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Weird not sure why thats happening to you..

I deleted my eq2map interface files and re-downloaded them to make sure I was using the latest and greatest.

I visited the 1st splitpaw zone (using the terraporter) and it showed my map just fine with POI's, I went into the Qeynows down-under and it showed the map, I then went to RoV and it showed the maps just fine.
Unread 11-03-2005, 10:27 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I found the culprit. Ended up the latest revision of Mahori's Loc-compass had an extra altered file in it windowelements_generic.dds (or something like that) which confliced with EQ2Map. I removed that file and returned the Sony default file and the maps started appearing just fine.