EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-16-2011, 09:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Default PVP updates for ui

They are adding several new stats for pvp with gu60. Most will show in a pvp tab under stats in the persona window.

I am looking for input on the infamy meter. Would most people prefer the infamy to be in the same section as the stats or would you guys prefer it in the xp window. The default ui has it in the xp window but to me it is not something I will want to monitor that frequently so I don't really feel it needs to be in the xp window.

Also what would you guys prefer a 0/500 setup or a 98% setup?

Give me some feedback on this please.

I don't need feedback that says I hate pvp and don't want the stats on the window at all

Silat
Unread 05-17-2011, 11:06 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Myself, I don't much care about infamy since I play on PvE. To me putting it in the PvP tab rather than in with the XP makes more sense since it's PvP-specific. And honestly I want to ignore the PvP stuff as much as possible, which is easy when it's all on it's own tab that I don't have to open.

As for the scale, I don't think the absolute value of fame/infamy matters, right? If it doesn't then either should be fine. If specific values matter, like they do for faction, then the 0/500 scale would be better.
Unread 05-17-2011, 05:00 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm in the same place on this. I don't do PvP so I don't want PvP stats anywhere in the main display. Anything specific to PvP should go in the PvP tab.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 05-17-2011, 06:53 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I thought this was going to be the general concensus ... hence my warning in the first post

What I really need is some pvp people beside myself to answer. Like I said I don't feel it needs to be in the xp bar either but the default does have it there so I wanted input on it.

I'll admit I also like the idea of it not being there because then I don't have to recode the xp window.

Silat

Edit: Polled 1-9 chat on nagafen q side and the few that answered seemed very vehement about wanting it in the xp window. the fp side went for the stat tab lol.

Last edited by TalTal : 05-17-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Unread 05-18-2011, 09:27 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

Put it in the section with the pvp stats, and if you are up to it, then add and alternate xp window with it there, so people can have it in the xp window if they want.
Unread 05-18-2011, 10:17 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I have been thinking along those lines. The alt window would have all the xp values as 0/500 instead of percents like the current one does.

Silat
Unread 05-22-2011, 10:44 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Just an update for those who care. There will be no infamy meter in the xp window only one in the pvp tab of the persona window.

There are 3 reasons for this. Not necessarilly in order of importance.
1. I'm Lazy.
2. A Majority of respondents here and in game don't want it there.
3. It does not play nice with the xp window. When you click infamy on the xp window dropdown it does not hide the other windows (AA xp) so it looks like doo doo when you select it that way instead of clicking through the options.

All the new data will be available in the persona window. The bottom bar also has the new pvp stats added and toughness/pvp crit mit moved to be with them.

Silat
Unread 06-06-2011, 02:18 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default I PvP

and would prefer it in the experience window. Most of my toons are maxed out in crafting, adventure and AA as is my guild, so that window is completely useless to me right now anyway. May as well give me something and makes it worth having there taking up space.
****** sorry posted beyond your update but I only just installed profit ui yesterday ****** still trying to figure it out and get used to it but I miss my old character windows that provided numbers instead of percentages for health and power and the "hide text" in the maintained spells ( the one where you can actually cancel effects in ) isn't hiding the text . I cannot open the box out wider to the right to allow them to stack side by side to afford more of them in view.... they just keep running straight down the left side of my screen until they run off the screen.

Last edited by Xzerius : 06-06-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Unread 06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzerius View Post
and would prefer it in the experience window. Most of my toons are maxed out in crafting, adventure and AA as is my guild, so that window is completely useless to me right now anyway. May as well give me something and makes it worth having there taking up space.
****** sorry posted beyond your update but I only just installed profit ui yesterday ****** still trying to figure it out and get used to it but I miss my old character windows that provided numbers instead of percentages for health and power and the "hide text" in the maintained spells ( the one where you can actually cancel effects in ) isn't hiding the text . I cannot open the box out wider to the right to allow them to stack side by side to afford more of them in view.... they just keep running straight down the left side of my screen until they run off the screen.
In the profit updater you can select variants that go right to left and don't show the text.

Top left of updater. Settings. Variants from the dropdown. Go to maintained window and select one.

Silat
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:25 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Not receiving any changes

other than, either the bar is there ( and runs off the bottom of my game screen ) or it disappears completely. The only way the text disappears is if I resize the bar and slide the right edge over until it meets the edge of the icons but I am still completely unable to resize the bar outward ( without text ) so that the window cascades the icons so they all appear on my game screen. I'm not referring to the spells bar on the right side I'm referring to the one on the left side.
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:52 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Nevermind

found it.....on the last attempt LOL ( par for the course )