EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 03-03-2007, 08:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Minor Mod Suggestion

Couple little annoyances with EQ2's default LFG window that you might be able to fix in Fetish Nightfall.

1) The default location for the LFG search should be "All Zones". Currently the default is "My Zone". I don't think I've ever used the My Zone option because you'll eliminate 90+% of the possible candidates. Be nice if All Zones was the default

2) I hate putting in level parameters when doing a LFG search. Be nice there were two buttons that would make the task easier.
- The first would be "My Level" which would set the upper and lower bounds at your level. This would be handy for people at the level cap who only want to grab people at the same level. (Ex. people doing higher level instances - a huge chunk of the player base.)
- The second button would set the upper and lower bounds at +/- 5 levels from where you are. (doesn't have to be 5, just using that as an example). This would make looking for candidates when you are under the level cap much quicker.

Like I said, these are minor suggestions, but when you start a lot of pick-up groups like I do, anything that makes the process quicker is a plus.

Thanks.

Last edited by Stabo : 03-03-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Unread 03-03-2007, 08:41 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Excellent suggestion. I'll whip up a version of the default with those features.
Unread 03-03-2007, 09:13 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Here ye go. All zones selected by default. Buttons are labelled = and +/- 5 and automatically activate the Level checkbox when pressed. You can change the amount by searching for Difference="5" and changing the value.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_community.xml (29.5 KB, 184 views)
Unread 03-04-2007, 12:13 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Hey I hope you don't mind I took your window and fixed it up a bit. I put the buttons in the same page as the MinLevel and MaxLevel parts so that they show and hide the same way.

I also think I finally got the textboxes to lose focus enough for me. I put set_focus scripts on each tab page and on the main page for OnHoverout. That way the textboxes only hold focus when you click on the window and leave the mouse pointer over the window. The textboxes grabbing focus all the time gets annoying.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_community.xml (27.2 KB, 189 views)