View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2007, 06:53 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

The new bags are so buggy that I'm probably going to give up and go back to one of the smaller ones from here that I was using.

1. When you set the size of your bags, log out and back in, the width of some of them change: a bag set to 4-wide will become 3-wide, and bag set to 3-wide becomes 2-wide, and 2-wides can become 1-wide. I've submitted this bug.

2. You can't get ride of the title altogether, as you could with some custom UIs. And, even if you turn off the frame, it still takes the same amount of space, especially at the top, so that you can't put bags over and under each other without allowing as much room as the frame would take anyway, or the bottom row of the bag on top can be unavailable.

3. I've always noticed with the small icon bags from here that it can be very difficult to grab an item to drag-and-drop, or sometimes you get the item underneath the one you were trying to drag. Now, with SoE's new bags, other people who just set there icons smaller for the first time are noticing the same problems!

Anyway, now that SoE has figured out how to make re-sizeable bag windows and icons, I hope some clever person from EQ2Interface will pick up this design and fix the bugs: I'd like no title and frame at all, so you can place the bags together in a seamless grid, with no extraneous window fluff that overlaps. There was one custom bag that floated a close X in the top right of the window when you hovered your mouse over the bag - that would be nice again. And, I'd like it if someone figured out why it's hard to grab stuff with small icons! :-)

Not asking for much, am I?

Nevermind! It looks like Othesus already did 2 of the 3 things I asked for! Off to grab his and try it! (I forget you folks were probably on Test figuring out this stuff a long time ago!)

Last edited by mschwab : 02-28-2007 at 06:58 PM.