View Single Post
Unread 02-21-2005, 12:42 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Another thought for what it is worth,

Quote:
Note: You will notice in this code I have not included the Settings for:
Maybe you will need to include "all" of the settings in the button code even if they are not being changed?

The reason I am thinking this is when you change just a few display settings using the options window in game it will still save / update all the other settings alough you have only changed a few...

So it rewrites the file containing this infomation rather than just editing the old one (maybe?)

That makes me think if you execute a command (via a button in this case) is it just changing the infomation in the file that the button code states,

Or

Is it re-writing the file and deleteing the existing settings (the ones that the button does not supply?)

Sorry I am not very good at explaning stuff for eg:

Say the "button 1" had the settings

r_rain_spec=true r_light_spec=true r_max_spec_lights=5

And say "button 2" had the settings

r_light_spec=true r_max_spec_lights=5

(note rain spec is missing)

So if you press "button 1" it sets those values ok

So now you press "button 2"

Will "r_light_spec=true" still be in the file?

or since "button 2" did not give a value for this varible will it now be deleted from the file?

And therefore causing an error due to missing infomation?

(I do know this is the case for a lot of things outside of UI's) If this is of some help then kool if its not then oh well lol , If nobody understands my rough explanation then sorry I dont think I can explaine it any better than that lol