View Single Post
Unread 03-03-2008, 12:50 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hmm, what I wanted to sticky was the info for the plugin system we are trying to "standardize" here. It will not be necessary to use your modded startmenu.xml or specific plugins, eg. if I modded the start menu I would probably make my own startmenu, but provide the includes for additional plugins according to the standard.

I was thinking more of a post like the first post in this thread, only that you also explained the startmenu format (ie. that it has to have the <include> lines), possibly by just posting your mod as an example.

Anybody including you that wants to make plugins available should then upload them as normal downloads and either also put a compatible startmenu.xml in the package or maybe just link to yours (assuming you will upload yours as well).

So the sticky post remains for ui authors only, while functioning plugins remain in userspace with their separate support threads. Acceptable?