View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:34 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
Well, one thing we know is that if nothing is done to change any settings, the default window is drawn as a single pane when opened for the first time in a session. Even if there is no way to check that state, it would seem to be a safe assumption and the shrink/expand toggle could be set to the shrink state.
If nothing was done to change the state, yes. But the code already checks the actual setting and draws the expander based on the frame/titlebar state. The glitch happens if you've set the frame/titlebar state to double-pane but shrunk it down to single-pane via the expander. That resets the size of the window, which is saved, but it looks to me like it doesn't change the persistent frame/titlebar state. Result: everything's OK for that session, but at next login the window will be drawn single-pane but with the flags set for double-pane. I can see what I need to do (set it up so the OnShow event for the main window checks the frame/titlebar state and forces the width to match regardless of what's in the UI settings), I just haven't worked through it all yet. The way complex scripts have to be encoded in the XML doesn't make it any easier.