View Single Post
Unread 03-03-2007, 12:54 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemHalt
I am having only one problem so far with it. Everytime i log in and it checks for updates it overwrites the eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml with the default one and then i no longer get any of your fetures to show up just the plain version without the links ect. Is this normal or is there a way to not have it redownload the eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml when checking for updates?

Thanks for any info
Do you use any other UI mods? If you want to use any custom UI pieces those pieces don't go into the Default folder. The Launchpad checks all those files and will download any that don't look right to it.

So, here's what you have to do. If you use any UI mod that has an installer (like the eq2map) it probably created a custom UI folder but if you don't have one yet create a new folder called MyUI (or anything really) at the same level as EverQuest II\UI\Default. Put the custom xml files in there.

Open up Notepad and paste these two lines in:
cl_ui_skinname MyUI
cl_ui_subdir UI/

If you called your custom UI folder something else replace MyUI with that. Click on the File menu and choose Save As... Navigate to your EQ2 folder which is normally C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II, name the file eq2.ini and click Save.

That should be it. There are some similar instructions here if you want to see pictures.