View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2012, 12:52 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
When the default tradeskill window is opened for the first time in a login session, the shrink/expand button is initialized to the expanded setting, but the window itself is initialized as a single-pane. If you don't remember to click the shrink/expand button to make it match the window state, you get a mess when you start the first combine because the new pane gets drawn on top of the first.

The code should be tweaked one way or the other to make the button state match the window state when the window is first opened. I know the single/double state can be set in the window options, but I think the window should operate correctly by default. As it stands, it just looks like a bug.
I think it's already initialized to the window frame/titlebar state, but I'll double-check. Note that if the window size differs from the frame/titlebar state (eg. that state's set to double-pane but the window's been sized so that only one pane's visible) you'll get the kind of weird behavior you describe. This is one of the things that's giving me fits with the scripting for the experimentation tab. It seems to boil down to the fact that the XML doesn't, and can't, know whether you're in single-pane or double-pane mode. It can only seen the frame/titlebar setting, and if you've manually resized the window so it's size is out of sync with that setting there's no way for the scripting to tell (or at least I can't find one). The way I traditionally solve it is to set the frame/titlebar setting to the mode I want, size the window to match that mode, and leave it. I'm going to have to get a better handle on it to get the experiment tab completely working.