Thread: EQ2U Support
View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2012, 06:47 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor

I think I have all those working now that people have asked about. Parenthesis are now working thanks to some help from Dan Kinney at SOE. Nothing wrong on his end, I just needed to tweak how I was making my calls.

Commas and exclamation points should work now as well.

If you find anything else not working quite right, let me know and I'll work on getting it fixed.

@Silat: I saw that you asked if there was a good way to get server name from the game data. I did a little poking around myself and couldn't find it. Since my links to characters require a server name, that's not going to work very will for a custom UI. So I created a new one just to work with custom UIs.

u.eq2wire.com/c/Charactername will do a search for Charactername. If only one character is found that matches the name, it will take you to that character. If more than one match that character name, it will take you to a character search results page showing all the characters that match. You can then click on the one for the correct server. Sounded like the best way to handle not knowing the server.

Let me know if you guys find anything else I can do to help out custom UI authors working with EQ2U.
Author -Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator
Lead Programmer for EQ2U