View Single Post
Unread 10-13-2004, 03:10 PM
A Griffon

Well I havent said this yet but, "thanks for the beta chance Interface"!

As far as Lineage went... I despise that game in almost all aspects. Its lack of character options and customization (previously stated). People hacking it and shafting players like me who came on late. The people running macros were EVERYWHERE (gathering items from creatures meant for mid level players and hording huge amounts of cash)... I personally feel all macro users should be shot and left wounded, only to bleed to death... but thats another story.

SWG was released while the game was still in Beta. I was one of the early beta testers and it seemed to me the game was more stable before release. Then there was huge exploits people took advantage of. Specificly a rifle that allowed people to do thousands of points of damage quickly. Those people maxed out their levels within a day or two and they were given no penalty for exploiting! Then came the item lock issue upon death where you could'nt recover your items because they somehow managed to insert themselves in invisible containers which you could not access. This could result in hours of work down the drain. I quit that game for its rediculous bugs.

of course... it wasnt exactly like EQ in its first year didnt have major issues. Ahhh the memories!