View Single Post
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:39 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos
Default Whogga : Collection Quest Window

Well - I do not have a fix, but I might have a workaround.

When I saw your post, I promptly went into EQII and took a real look (would you believe, I had not had a reason to pay attention to that tab recently?).

I had the same thing as you: Three tabs appearing, Active, Group, Completed, but no Collection.

Now: I loaded eq2ui_journals_quest.xml into the EQII Builder XML program to see if I could spot something. In that program, all four tabs appear!

So far, I do not know what is causing this to happen, however, by accident, I got my Collection tab back. What I did was re-arrange the order in which the tabs appear. Now I have Active, Completed, Collection. I don't yet know about Group - I would think it should not appear until you are actually in a group and I have been running solo/crafting so far.

OK:

(1) Open equ2ui_journals_quest.xml in a suitable editor (like Notepad) - something that will preserve the CTRL chars at the end of each line.
(2) Look at lines 28-33. That is a small internal XML structure that defines what tabs exist.
(3) In the official Fetish file, there are four lines of code, one for each tab, which appear in the file in the order: Active, Collection, Completed, Group.
These are lines 29, 30, 31, 32.
(4) Interchange lines 30 and 31, so the order is: Active, Completed, Collection, Group

Save the file and see if that helps.

I don't know why it should, but (for me) it gave me my Collection tab back.

PARANOID NOTE: If that did not work, then (using your modified file with the new order of the tabs), edit the Collection tab line (which should be line 31):
(a) Delete the phrase: localtext="Collection"
(b) Change 'Target' to 'target'
(c) Change 'Text' to 'text'
Ie., make that line look identical to the other three, so there is just Name=, target=, and text= phrases.

Again, I don't know why that should make a difference. I thought 'text' and 'Text' were the same. But: I have my Collection tab, and you do not, so here is something to try.