View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2013, 12:45 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
I am thinking this might have been a patch issue... I didn't patch on Tuesday or Friday, once I did, the images disappeared. But now I have all sorts of other weird glitches with the UI, even after a complete reinstall of the UI from the patcher. I'll start another post about that tho.
Patch the game? Well, the inspect window's from the default UI so if you updated Profit but didn't patch the game itself the default UI XML won't be in sync with the graphics files. That could cause the repair-button graphics weirdness you saw: the graphics file has the images for the buttons present but the inspect window's XML is outdated and doesn't have SOE's changes to avoid using that part of the graphics file. I update Profit based on the current default UI files and the changes made to them. If you're bypassing the launchpad and not patching the game every time you run it, when you find any UI oddness you should patch the game (and if you've skipped more than one update, I'd recommend running Validate Game Assets to make sure nothing got missed) and re-check. You're familiar with what happens when the default UI's changed and Profit isn't updated, it can vary from just being missing the new bits to throwing that version mismatch error up and refusing to load Profit. The same things can happen when Profit's been updated and the default UI hasn't, but the resulting bugs are more likely to silently make things go wonky rather than throwing errors you'd notice.