View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodleguy32 View Post
Ok, I got the setup working and I got the nice, fimilar EQ2Map Updater icon on the desktop

However, When I run the EQ2Map updater it pulls up a screen entitled "Choose your everquest2.exe file" ...I didnt realy know what that mean so I went to my everquest folder and tried saving it in the UI folder, but for some reason theres no way to save it that I could find...anywhere...
At the bottom of the screen it has a text box (empty) entitled "file name" and to the right of that text box it says "Everquest.exe"...it seems like im supposed to save it over an existing file because there was no way to just put it down in the UI folder...my options where "open" and "cancel"...putting in C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest II\UI did nothing (although thats a pathway from pure memory...it might be wrong).

What do I do?
It's not asking you to save anything... it's asking you for the location of Everquest2.exe so that after you're finished updating the map it can open the patcher for you. Just navigate to where Everquest2.exe is inside of your EQ2 installation (ie, like C:/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest 2/ is the directory it should be in). Once you tell it where that existing file is, it automatically discovers the UI folder and adds EQ2MAP to your current UI.