View Single Post
Unread 12-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastun
I figured out the I was having a plug in issue. I redownloaded the plug-in that dolby recomended and it worked. I think I might have not overwritten the old 1. I am however having a new problem. The .tga image is showing up more sharp and crisp than the .dds file the best I can get it is with DXT3 and generate mip maps. Is this because of the alpha channel or is .dds just a more compressed format?
Here are some examples. The orb is .tga in both images.

Thanks for your input

I have found that DXT 3 and DXT 5 cause some downgrading of the imaging.. to keep the image crisp and clear save it as 8:8:8:8 its going to be a litte bigger file size but it wont blur your image at all

For the Solaria/Vert one I am working on DXT3 and DXT5 was causing color shifts in the grey headers. Which is odd since it is one color. But when i re-opened the DDS file it would have patches of other colors in it. I kept trying setting till I found one that saved my image exactly like TGA and Photoshop did.

I found that 4:4:4:4 would save my work at about 95% quality, so if you run into a size issue, this might also be a good one to try.

/bow

Kudane