View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
You can copy and paste if you make sure that the cursor does not sit in the text entry field of one of the elements. Otherwise it will indeed only copy the single element having cursor focus (it's a bug).
You should zip your copy up and sell it, because mine doesn't do that.

After testing a bit I found; if you have more the one object selected from the project pane it will not copy any thing.

From MainHud I selected Death and Contest. From the main menu I did Edit->Copy. I then selected the MainHud node and did Edit-> Hmm Paste is grayed out. So I selected the same windows again and did a CTRL+C then selected the MainHud node again and did CTRL+V; Yup nothing was pasted. I then selected only Death and did Edit->Copy, then selected the MainHud node and did Edit->Paste and it did paste a copy of Death to Node 0 of MainHud. I then tried the multi selection again and this time paste was active but it always pasted Death (the last single node I copied).

I took special care to only select the file icon beside the window names in the project list so not to get input focus on the text.

Edit:
Ok after further testing I found if you select more then one object and click on Edit in the main menu, paste will be active no matter if you have ever copied any thing or not. It does not behave like that if only one file is selected. Yes I did try to paste, but nothing happens. How ever if you did a Edit->Copy with more then one object selected the paste will be inactive unless you copy just one object.

What the heck am I doing.. almost 1am and I'm setting here playing with the UIBuilder.. I think I need a life! >.<

Last edited by Landiin : 10-27-2007 at 12:45 AM. Reason: More testing