View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2009, 12:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I hit administrator and map window filled out. I was asked to manually open EQ2. I did and when it opened i tried the map and the pois are not there etc. It would seem that the info is not transferring from eqmap to eq2.

So I will include in this post more info that i gathered.

I know my messages have been confusing. So I will try to talk here about what happens.

I did manage to get map back into programs (using windows explorer). The shortcut is on the desktop and when I opened the start all programs window maps updater is in there.

I did some more exploring and testing, etc. As I tested, the following window came up for the first time. The new window that came up is headed "Windows - start menu- programs - eq2map updater". The side panel has eq2m updater highlighted. but the info states that this file is empty.

Next I double clicked the shortcut on the desktop. I get a window that is named "select your everquest2.exe file". The location bar states "local Disk (C > Program files> and under name lists a number of folders, such as common files, everquest2 exe, internes explorer, some microsoft folders, sony, and some windows folders.

At the bottom, is a bar labeled “File name:” with a drop down arrow. Next to that is a bar in which is says “everquest2.exe and has a drop down arrow.

Below it says open cancel

I clicked the down arrow for the “file name” and I found for the first time the following which I accepted:

c:\program files (x86)\sony\everquestII\eq2settings.exe

After hitting open the following error message came up:

Error Opening Database File: mscorlib
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at EQ2MAPUpdater.MainWindow.DownloadUpdates()Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EQ2MAP Updater\cache\' is denied.

I went back to the “select your everquest2.exe file” and selected :

c:\ProgramFiles (x86)\EEverQuest2 exe Q@MAP Updater\EQ@map_Updater.exe

Again the right hand box had “everquest2.exe” i clicked Open

A new window came up saying:

this error reading eq2.ini file

System.UnaurthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program files (x86)\eq2map Updater\eq2.ini' is denied.
At System.IO._Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, File Access
access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at EQ2MAPUpdater.MainWindow.ReadEQ@ini()

i clicked out of this message and got:

Error Opening Database File: mscorlib
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at EQ2MAPUpdater.MainWindow.DownloadUpdates()Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EQ2MAP Updater\cache\' is denied .

I don't know if the above info will be of help but i sure hope so. I hate being a pest about anything, however, i sure would like to solve the problem so i can enjoy eq2 more. I, again, thank you for your time and effort on my behalf.

Sincerely, Farsheildescale

Last edited by farsheildescale : 03-19-2009 at 12:47 AM.