View Single Post
Unread 11-22-2012, 08:30 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
There are a number. For instance, the gargoyle mob in ST:aTL. The announcement of what kind of damage you need to do is only in a pop-up.
{...}
Never noticed since the red text immediately preceding the damage type certainly is in the log file. If both messages plus the green/red success/fail message are not ALL in the log, I haven't noticed the lack. The important message telling you to stop attacking is there and sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
{...}
I'm wary, though. It seems like the devs did this deliberately to force players to pay attention to what's happening rather than just listen for instructions from ACT triggers and timers. If that's the case, figuring out a way to bypass it and get the messages into the log anyway may result in the devs making undesirable changes to the UI system to remove the bypass.
As I stated above, the red text warnings in the above example are sufficiently in the log file. If they want to hide half of it, I guess I didn't even notice. Obviously a non-issue.

What is an issue is when things *only* appear in the pop-up message and can be blocked by other pop-up messages that are less important. If your transition time is too high, you might miss things. Ever had to respec AAs for a raid encounter and get pop-up notifications for the next 5 minutes? I'm already annoyed that my "generic" red-text trigger will detect Timewarp being ready. I'm a Templar... what do I care about Timewarp?

Though as a side note, if your transition time is too high, any hack we're talking about here will be affected as well. So we'll be forced to turn it down to nothing and assume the log file is enough? That's sort of too bad.