View Single Post
Unread 11-24-2008, 04:27 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

gm9's issue could be easily handled with padding or margin properties on the Volume.

PadCellHeight="20" adds 20 to the cell height calculation.

PadCellWidth="40" adds 40 to the cell width.

This would allow modders to add whatever group elements they want and adjust for the extra space used.

Oh... I used the "Basic" and "Advanced" labels because I'm assuming modders will want to put other stuff into the "Advanced" page besides effects. For example RaidAbilities. I also would hate to see the right-click menu option say "Show/Hide Effects". Should be "Basic/Advanced Mode".

I'd really like to see a dedicated "Options" window. My current raid window uses an options overlay to handle some custom settings I'd love to move to a popup.

Alternative Method: You could use a template based approach with a BasicGroup and AdvGroup template. The only issue here is that you'd need to feed the generated group pages an index number we could access for scripting. The advantage to this approach is that we'd only need to deal with 1 set of templates rather than a set for each of the 6 group instances. This approach would also allow for radically different layouts for each mode.

In either case, all member elements should be valid inside Member, Basic, or Advanced. You might be asking, why Member? Because I might want stuff to reposition and/or resize as the page size changes. Lets say BasicPage.width=100 and advPage.width=200. I might want player name to be centered and as wide as possible.

Last edited by Zonx : 11-24-2008 at 05:08 PM.