especially post-20 where there the following "most commonly used" are
located...

Nek Forest
Enchanted Lands
Zek, The Orcish Wastes
Fallen Gate
Nek Castle

etc...

about the only marginally useful zones are the commonlands and Antonica.

Is there a way individual people can add to the useable maps, instead of waiting on an "official release" of sorts?

Maybe a beta-version that has more maps?

Reading through the monstrous thread of 981237920347 posts many poeple have offered maps, but it seems they are not included.
Don't assume everyone feels post-20 characters even matter. I'm 25, and my RL friends whom I play this game with are 25-40, but it was more important (and safer for our exp debt) to get the newbie zones done first. This way we wouldn't have to do them later, and people who actually need help with the game (newbies) would have the areas they hunt in mapped out.

Nektropos Castle is in development, Fallen Gate is in the official release, Nektulos, EL and Zek have default maps (so icon overlays will come eventually).

We've had many individuals contribute maps; in fact, most of our mappers started off as fans of the project and wound up helping add to it. There's a thread in this forum talking about how to go about creating a map (or at least getting us raw data to make one) and you can contribute POIs (points of interest, the dots on the map) at maps.eq2interface.com.

Everything from the monster thread (which I believe is now locked) made it's way into the mod in some form or another, there's nothing else ready for public use (or internal use) besides Nektropos being ALMOST ready, and DizTorDed has mentioned he's getting there on Edgewater Drains. Crypt of Betrayal is also in development.

Right now we're going through a major restructuring as we get the POI website generating XMLs for the mod, breaking the mod up into more manageable pieces; so things are a little slow. Tony's on a business trip, and some of us are trying to get a little play time in amidst all the mapping. ^_^

Quib