Thread: SageUI
View Single Post
Unread 09-25-2007, 08:51 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: The Bazaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsageman242 View Post
You can delete the file eq2ui.loginscene.xml if you do not want to use the quick login scene mod. This mod allows you to login quickly and skip the updater and having to manually type in your password. You log in with just a click of the mouse by selecting your character from the list and clicking the "Just do it!" button. It fast and easy but if you are worried about entering password info onto your computer then just delete the above mentioned file. If you have a firewall and a virus scanner then your computer should be totally secure. I can't really see why anyone would hack someone's computer for an EQ2 password but I suppose it is possible. All passwords are saved on most computers when you click "Remember Password" after entering on at a site. This is encrypted but just as easy to hack if you computer isn't secure so I always recommend you use a firewall to prevent outsiders from getting to your info. If you are even using the standard Windows version you are safe and should not worry about this info being grabbed. Besides that no one doing a hack would be looking at this xml for a password anyways. Hope this makes you feel a bit more secure about using this mod. It is a great mod and very useful. You use the alternative Everquest launcher that is described in the instructions to bypass the updater to load directly into EQ2. Its way faster. You only run the updater when you know there was an update or patch. I usually do at least once a week and have never had a version error. I also watch the forums for when updates or patches are taking place so I know when to run the updater. Running it periodically keeps EQ2 updated sufficiently and prevents any errors.

Sage
I'm trying to install the 30-character login mod, but I'm a bit lost ... obviously with more than 12 chars you have at least two different accounts with two different logins, even if the passwords are the same. I've read through the readme install instructions and there isn't anything in there that I see about how to set this up to work with different accounts. Help, please!