View Single Post
Unread 11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Jnils, I was able to uninstall the test installer you provided then reinstall the official 1.14 version. I then manually added the config file to the install directory (c:\program files\EQ2MAP Updater\) and fire up the updater. With the config file manually installed the updater ran normally and begain building a cache folder of map files.

It appears the installer is simply unable to create the default config file in the specified folder but once placed there manually the file works normally and allows the updater to work normally as well.

Is there a way in which I can manually configure the application to look for the config file in the C:\ProgramData\EQ2MAP\ folder just for testing? Is the target path for the config file stored as a variable in the EQ2MAP_Updater.exe.config xml file or is it hard coded into the binary?

EDIT: Never mind. I can see you do not store your paths as variables in the EQ2MAP_Updater.exe.config file. The only content of this file is a variable for the runtime version.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <startup>
    <supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
  </startup>
</configuration>
Can you compile a test build that pokes the eq2map_config.cfg file into C:\ProgramData\EQ2MAP\ ???

Last edited by Ripper-Joe : 11-27-2007 at 12:39 PM.