View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2004, 12:27 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Default ad

Quote:
tonyis3l33t So it sounds like you might be able to allow chat boxes while zoning with this....
I doubt it. What it sounds like he is saying is the same thing that I got when I messed up my journal while editing it. Which is making an non visible window (maybe only specific ones) visible, and then starting everquest.

He didnt give details on the bad side effects or even if he played a while or anything but I accidentally had the main Journal page marked as viewable in uibuilder. So when I loaded eq I had the full UIbuilder view ([DEVl] this and that, everything just like builder window) of the journal window from the moment it started, through zone, char login and all. When I got in game I realized the same, you can not close the window, right click just drag it around. So what the heck, I couldnt close it so I hit 'J' to close it for me and my real journal window popped up with all information in it, but I could do NOTHING with any of the other UI except use hotkeys and enter to work with it...which is hard. I ended up having to /loadui and figure out how to keyboard to the default just to get out of game.

So yes, I believe thats what he experienced and if it is, unless you can figure this one out, I doubt you can use it for chat windows.