View Single Post
Unread 03-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohan View Post
Lordebon, your my hero!!! Everything is now fixed and working properly thanks to you and I am very grateful!!! My in-game petition, however, was another matter. Once again the only advice the GM's could bother to give me was to delete the custom UI and go back to the default. I was so infuriated by their total lack of effort and concern for their customers that I pretty much exploded on them and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if I log in today and find my account has been suspended. I wasn't kind at all in my appraisal of their laziness (and that was one of the nicer terms I used) when it came to helping me with the long list of problems I had. Their only suggestion was get rid of the custom UI. Well, I'm proud to say that I am still running the complete Nightfall UI and have absolutely NO plans to delete it....that is if I still have an active account. Thanks again!!!
No problem, glad to see you got it fixed =)

Even though they weren't that helpful to you, the GMs are somewhat right in their stuff about the custom UI. SOE only official provides support for the default UI, so they have a bit of an automatic response to anything involving custom UIs telling you to go to default to see if you're still having an issue. It's not really that they are lazy, just that it's not their thing to provide support for. Kind of like if I bought a Mac and then installed windows on it... but then called apple for support for windows. So it just makes sense for them to say "Go to the default UI" and see if the problem vanishes -- because many times I bet it does (You might be surprised to see how many folks don't update their custom UI or update it incorrectly and then end up hollaring that things are broken, hehe).