View Single Post
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:04 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Problem Solved! All Tab working, Maps working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Last idea I have: Find your UI folder (Everquest II\UI\Name of your UI) and delete the \POI folder therein (while you are at it you could also delete the \eq2map2 folder). Then run the EQ2MAP updater and restart the game.
HOORAY! I virtually watched the maps return to normal function last night!

After reading the questions from a few of you regarding my game map status yesterday, AND after deleting the POI folder, the EQ2 Map folder, uninstalling the NET Framework 3.0 & Service Pack 1/2 ... I ran the EQ2 Map installer again. THen I went in game, and looked at the maps, which had virtually NO POI's on them. Right clicked on the ALL Tab, opened the POI window there (All grayed out because every single POI class was checked .. NOT by me, I never touched that window before examining it several times for this problem). Examined that window carefully, chose option to UNCHECK ALL classes in that window. The POI options went to black from gray. I shut the window.

A moment later, checked the map, and BOOM .. the ALL tab functioned, all the POI's appeared on the map, and the maps are back to normal.

Somehow, when the program failed that first day during updates (a few days back), all of those POI filter boxes were checked (apparently). Never having used that window, I didn't know about it until your notes suggested looking at it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and questions. Will share what I know with those in my guild who have same problem. (Antonia Bayle Server)

MANY THANKS for your patience and your suggestions!