View Single Post
Unread 08-10-2009, 02:34 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Unhappy Partial Words Option is selected - doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post
Check your Options and make sure you can search partial words.
I checked the Partial Word Option in the game options, and it IS selected, but the problem persists. I can no longer search for POIs within the "ALL" tab listing, nor search a specific POI by name in the maps, or get an X on the map at their location. Something occurred 2 days ago when I first got the error message indicating the EQ2 Map.exe generated an exception, and I can't get the maps to function now.

I am wondering if that god awful nVidia Access Manager firewall that was installed when my PC was repaired recently (after all my motherboard drivers failed and were reinstalled) may be at fault here. I can't remove that or my Internet won't work, but I don't know how to access it to force it to allow EQ2 Maps to run unhintered either. In any case, I truly miss the functionality of my EQ2 Maps, altho they do run in the game without the search capability. They are just far less useful, and it's very annoying. I'm not a programmer, just a woman who loves the game, and this program. Anyone have a solution to this very irksome problem?